No announcement yet.

X-Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well ive been experimenting, the Xbox is my first modern console(my last and first being an Atari). The reason i got it was that i figured i didnt want to spend £800+ on a pc that would be good for gameing, especially as IMHO games are starting to get very 'produced', so many hrs gameplay per buck spent kinda thing.
    There are exceptions to the rule but the accountants are in control it seems.
    So with the Xbox i can play newer titles that catch my eye, i've always bought origionals so i dont mind the odd £30+ every few months.
    I going to get a second hand low spec pc to play the great classics(1990-1997ish), as IMHO i think these games offer better gamplay,challange,value. So i get the best of both worlds, at half the price. Thats the theory anyway

1+2. Four essentials that would make me buy an Xbox over say a PS2, for me are:

Halo1+2
    Morrowind
    Championship manager
    Jet Set Radio

most of the other games ive played are kinda throw away(but it is a console) after you've completed them, but the best of that lot are:

Rocky(best with a friend)
    Jedi Knight II(there is a sequel coming i think)
    Amped(difficult to get the hang of - maybe the sequel will be better?)

3. I've been happy with the Xbox so far(about 1year old), no problems, paid the £20 or so for the DVD thing, and that works fine with the dvd's ive bought.

4. Well i might not bother with the next Xbox, i havent tried Knights of the Republic yet or the new expansion version to the Morrowind game or Halo2, so lots of good titles that should keep my high resolution needs catered for
    I've been pleased with it overall - worth the £140 i spent, and its also a useful anti thief device, if i threw it at them
    The Xbox has a harddrive so many of my essential games i mentioned, couldn't be done on the other consoles at present......so it had to be the Xbox for me.
    Maybe the warrenty advice is a good idea though?(i didnt take out any additional )
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Are the new Morrowind expansions out yet? I thought they were coming out later this year. Did I miss it?

I'd get the warranty. It IS a Microsoft product, after all, and it has a lot of computer type parts that can break.

Comment

yeah they(Morrowind Game of the Year) come out later in the year, something to look forward too!
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
        X