Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which is best game from original SimMania pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is best game from original SimMania pack?

I bought this just before we moved, and have now uncovered it, to my satisfaction.

There are 6 games on it Simcity classic, simtower, simisle, simsafari, streets of simcity, and simcopter.

Now i own have played simcity 2000, so simcity classic is not of much interest. Of the remaining 5 which do you like, and why - which should i install first?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Sim tower is a fun, simple, game. I enjoyed it untill I found out all it's short comings. Sim isle is definately one of the more orginal ones there - I was too young to fully understand it when I had it, though, so I can't really say if it's good or bad. Personally, it's what I would try first though.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

well i installed Simisle - looks interesting, but i couldnt find the control panel, where you assign agents.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
        Sim tower is a fun, simple, game. I enjoyed it untill I found out all it's short comings. Sim isle is definately one of the more orginal ones there - I was too young to fully understand it when I had it, though, so I can't really say if it's good or bad. Personally, it's what I would try first though.

I tried simtower - fun, if unrealistic (who heard of high rises being built and occupied a floor at a time?) Kind of a virtual erector set, with a nice little building management model as well. Ive only just started (haven gotten a building to 3 star yet), but it seems like fun with some interesting strategies possible.

Comment

SimTower is definitely fun for a while, until you get sick of Sim Elevator Management. I don't know the others.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

The best is Simlife - but why its not in the pack I don't know

I'm not even sure Simlife is a game but it certainly sucks up the hours.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Simtower gets my vote. Simple, but just fun. And playable on old systems!

Comment

SimTower is possibly the most boring game known to mankind, unless you have a penchant for lifts.

SimIsle was one of the first game I owned on my PC, and surprisingly its not that bad. I'd try that.

Comment

Simcity is the only one of those that I have played.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                    Simtower gets my vote. Simple, but just fun. And playable on old systems!

It seems that condos are more immediately profitible then offices, so i tried making a tower of just condos, 2 condos wide. First with one elevator shaft, then a second to take me above 29 floors - linked with a 15th floor lobby. Went well, though had some quality problems in the condos. Then i tried going above 44 th floor, and found i needed a third shaft and thus another lobby at 30. By mistake instead of bulldozing the condo there, i bulldozed the elevator shaft going to the ground leaving the entire building without transportation. Well, I'll plan that out better next time.

Agreed, SMAC this aint, but it looks good for several hours of light gameplay. Glad i didnt pay full price for it, but its a nice part of the SimMania pack.

Comment

I've only played SimCity and SimTower of those two, and since you've got SC2000, then SimCity Classic isn't much to come from (And it's even free to play at the official site anyway)

Originally posted by Jamski
                      To bad it wont run in WinXP and WinMe... well, it does run, but only for very short time, then it crashes
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

I'm not even sure Simlife is a game but it certainly sucks up the hours.

-Jam
                        do you mean simearth, or is there also a simlife?

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

do you mean simearth, or is there also a simlife?
                          SimEarth and SimLife are two separate games.

Comment

SimEarth would probably be my favorite. That or SimAnt.
                            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

SimEarth and SimLife redone as a combined Sim with more complexity would be exceptional considering the amount of CPu power available today as compared to when they were first released.
                              There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Working...
                              X