Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nhl 2004

I'm pumped.

I think I'm one of the few people alive who actually enjoyed NHL 2003. But it looks like they're definitely going in a different direction this year, so it looks like my fondness for last year's edition is irrelevant.

NHL 2004 Preview

The Deep GM mode makes me salivate, but I hope they don't end up sacrificing playability for needless depth (I could live without hiring coaches, etc.)... If it's all there... all the better.

I like Don Taylor on T.V., but taking him out of the game was probably a wise decision. And you cannot find a better replacement than Oilers player-turned-broadcaster-turned-assistant-coach Craig Simpson.

PLUS, it'll have three european elite leagues (Germany, Finland, Sweden)! Too cool.

Anyone else interested? Or has SEGA stolen you all for good?
    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Hockey threads usually dont fare too well

They need to get rid of the AI catch-up cheat, where my goalie goes deaf and blind for 5 minutes when im 8-0, this was in 2002 anyway and im told its still in 2003, also Ea should spend less time on motion capure animations. Id choose SEGA over EA anyday.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

That picture reminds me that now matter how hard they try to make CG rendered things look real in game with textures and bump mapping and whatever, they're still blocky. Just look at that shadow on the left and you can see the polygons on that guy. He's not round and/or smooth. That's just an illusion created by the textures.

As far as the game goes... eh, I don't play hockey games so I won't play it. Hope it's good though for everyone else.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

EA's NHL sucks donkey ass.

You should try Sega's NHL2K3 (and soon, NHL2K4).

It's seriously a much, much better hockey game.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Feh. Player AI, long EA's achilles heel, is listed fifth on that list, and doesn't get as much written about it as the right analog stick or the fighting. Another arcade-style junk "hockey" game, here we come .

I wish Sega would port their NHL title to the PC.
          "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

I have never seen a good hockey game.Something about the physics of ice just doesn't translate well into video games.
            Note how much better it is when they put the game on grass.The FIFA games are all great.
            A GM mode is somewhat intriguing...
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
            X