No announcement yet.

Who used to play SPI games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take it SPI was the name of the company that made the games, and not a description?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yep. They put out war stategy board games. Some of them were very creative.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
        I take it SPI was the name of the company that made the games, and not a description?
        Strategic Publications, Inc, IIRC.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Pretty sure Freedom In the Galaxy was SPI. The character cards seemed very similar to Swords and Sorcery. Instead of magic items you'd get technology items.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
            Urb - Did that espionage game take place just before WWII? If so, I had it too. And I also don't remember with the name or whether it was SPI.
            Yeah, I think so. The Soviet still got the NKVD.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I regularly play the following SPI games (all republished by Decision Games):

Battles for the Ardennes
              World War 1
              Battle for Germany

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                I regularly play the following SPI games (all republished by Decision Games):

Battles for the Ardennes
                World War 1
                Battle for Germany

Interestingly Decision Games also publishes Strategy and Tactics, Dunnigans old magazine that used to be SPI (now under a different editor) No mention on their site of any connection to SPI though.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                X