Favorite Board Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Board Game

What is your all-time favorite board game?

Mine is Axis and Allies.

Pros:great game, provides hours/days/weeks of entertainment and opportunities to draw blood.

Con: setting up takes time, and pieces can be easily lost.

A close second was Monopoly, the old-time classic.

Risk was an honourable mention. I just like A&A over it.

Axis and Allies is good if you can find players but if I just want to have fun I love Sorry!. I could play that game for days at a time.

Comment

Starfleet Battles

You people are lightweights
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I was always careful not to lose pieces. I took good care of my board games.

But the answer if Axis and Allies hands down.

Risk comes in a distant second.

Comment

Talisman.
          Pros: One game can last for weeks, and that's just my brother and I playing.

Cons: Requires a large amount of floor space. Not sold anymore.

Edit: forgot a con
          Last edited by geeslaka; August 15, 2003, 03:51.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

Chess
            money sqrt evil;
            My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Never tried A&A (Sounds boring), and probably never will...

... can't find any Risk players, last time I played this as board game was 10 years ago... (Still have it on computer though )

... The best board game (I can get somebody to play against me) is Matador (I believe it's the same thing as Monopoly, but I'm not 100% sure...)
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'd say risk (with a few custom rules), not that there aren't any better games (A&A), but at least Risk is playable. IE you can find people to play it and you can finish a game.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'd say chess as well.

Comment

Mouse Trap
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                      Mouse Trap

If UR thought the other games mentioned were lightweight I hate to think what he'll say about that.

Comment

I had Mouse Trap for a while. I wouldn't say it was my favorite even if it was the only one I'd played.
                        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                        XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                          Mouse Trap
                          Did you know there was once a TV show based on Mousetrap?
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Did you know there was once a TV show based on Mousetrap?

Oh god, that's horrible, I think I'll stand on my head for a few hours now....
                            XGalaga.

Comment

Friends were lost, relationships were irreparably damaged and family members never spoke to you again what more do you want in a board game?

I do recall seeing a 70's gameshow based on it.
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                              X