Any good Baseball management games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good Baseball management games?

The arcade console versions of Baseball I've played are average at best. I'm not gonna splash my cash on any of those, even though they do have decent Franchise modes.

Besides, what I would really like is a management game. Sort of like Championship Manager, but for Baseball instead of footie. Given how obsessed Baseball fans are with stats, how the game could be easily viewed with a simple graphics engine (like ChampMan), and considering how big the US games market is I would expect there to be a game like this.

I don't expect one to be available in this country, but I don't mind getting a *cough*evaluation*cough* copy a try before I import or anything like that.

Do you know of any?
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Out of the Park Baseball 5 (OOTP5)

Best text based baseball sim I've played. You have to download a real life roster, though (there are quite a few in the forums... Total Minors is fairly good). You can also download the Lahman's Database and play the game from any point in history (very cool). Fictional players end up great fun though.

And there are plenty of online leagues .

They have a demo, and you can download the full game.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Here are some downloads for the game... including modern rosters, and historical stuff you can import, as well as MLB logos and skins. There are also some utilities to mess around with the game a bit .

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
      X