Age of wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of wonders

anyone played age of wonders2? I just bought a copy and seems to be a criss cross between heros and civ...
    Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
    So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
    rocking on everest

Re: Age of wonders

Originally posted by Lord_Davinator
    anyone played age of wonders2? I just bought a copy and seems to be a criss cross between heros and civ...
    hi ,

try the forum " other games "

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Yes I have it and I played the first one as well. It is a cross (IMO) of Heroes and Warlords.
      Lots of people see it as a possible MoM fill in.

Comment

Shadow Magic is great... the only thing stoping it from being a real predecessor to Master of Magic is the AI not being able to build pioneers. The random map generator needs some work, too.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It seems very much like MoM.

It's a decent game. It takes the good aspects of Heroes and merges them with some aspects of a civ-like game. The only thing that's bad is that eventually, your heroes become really God-like. It's just not so fun anymore when you have a unit of four flying heroes who on their own could take down a reasonable sized army. (I remember battles, where I just cast spells that damage the entire map 3-4 times the first turn, then clean up the survivors with ease.)
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

In MP it pretty rocks :=)
            Games are pretty fast for Strategy.
            Shadow Magic is no out here yet
            But so far I read those Uberbuilding should be pretty fun.. Warlords with Lifestealing muhahaha..
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
              It's just not so fun anymore when you have a unit of four flying heroes who on their own could take down a reasonable sized army.
              In Age of Wonders?

You must have confused it with some other game.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I think that is a reference to Warlords III. It has been a while since I fired up AoW, but I think you need dragons or the like to fly as a hero.

Comment

I have AoW2, and almost got Shadow Magic.

Just a little reluctant to shell out money for the standalone.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

In Age of Wonders?

You must have confused it with some other game.
                    AoW2. They might not have been flying, but if not they were at least floating (meaning no penalty for rough terrain, sea, etc.) and hastened. This means 20-25 hexes of movement for each of them per turn. I swear, the third level of one of the spheres, I defeated almost entirely with 4 heroes, and one or two summonned units to guard my cities. It was sick.
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Oh. I like the original much better anyway. For example, they did away with the battering ram in AoW 2, and now every unit can attack a city's gate. That just killed a lot of tactical options right there.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Age of Wonders 2 is 100% pure ****
                        money sqrt evil;
                        My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
                          Warlords with Lifestealing muhahaha..
                          Yep, very powerful. But the AI seems to use an adaptive strategy in Shadowmagic. Once I started building armies of warlords and butchering the poor little halflings by the hundreds, they started building almost solely centaurs - which stand the best chance against warlords and can usually kill atleast one or two before they close and can start swinging their sword around.

Then when I started to heavily use fire magic in combat and on the map, they started summoning alot of hellhounds an efreets which are immune to fire.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I found the AoW2 format nowhere near as fun as AoW1. I think I quit after the third water level.
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

I didn't like AoW2, either. but I really like Shadow Magic.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X