Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New strategy board game: Starships.

Hi.

I'm making new starategy board games that will be available in "print it by yourself" edition. Now i'm chosing the design of the cards that repersent ships. These card must be circles abput 80-100 pixels (96 dpi) and must contain information on ship's name, health, defense attack and size. (size is not helth. huge ship may be destroyed within a single hit). I created sample ship circle (attachment) but if you have better idea post it here.
    Attached Files
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Looks good to me, but one question.

Why does it have to be a circle?
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

Because its a much harder shape to cut out than a square?
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Why does it have to be a circle?
        Because battlefiEld map consists of circles. Also circles look better.

I'll post rules prototype here.

This game will merge best features of MagicTG, Monopoly and Civilization but it'll have a lot of specific features. If you think that these game have nothing in common you are almost right. And specific feature:Random map generation (for board game)
        money sqrt evil;

Comment

Banknote gif attached. please send your's if you can do it better.
          Attached Files
          money sqrt evil;

Comment

Here is the first version of rules (3 KBs). Zipped to join gif and html
            Attached Files
            money sqrt evil;

Comment

Personally I'd drop the "In God we trust" unless there is a reason for the galaxy to be united under one universal religion in your game.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Sounds like a game I played once a long time ago Called renegade legion: Interceptor. Here is a link. IIRC there was a board game previous to this that this was based upon.

Kind of a cool interface, but not much replayability. You could design your own ships, but were limited in some respects until you got x kills. Would have quit playing earlier if that was not the case.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

RPMisCOOL, this game has nothing in common with renegade.

Grumbold, what do you think about "Do we trust God?"
                  money sqrt evil;

Comment

Very philosophical
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

What's the actual gameplay? Is it just tactical starship combat, or is there a "grand strategy" game, or something else?
                      ----
                      "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

part of the reason we have in god we trust, is probably cause american currency isn't actually based on anything concrete. its worth a dollar. . . cause we think its worth a dollar. . . so you kind of have to be a faith having person anyway. . .
                        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I use to make up board games

I would spend hours in class (in 6th grade and the like) drawing little squares on a peice of paper for regiments and artillery and things of that nature

they all were meant to look avalon hilish, and if the lines were a little crooked it didn't matter that much

I never did get arround to cardboarding them although I did write down the rules (and the rules for 50 other games)

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Jon Miller, experience brings quality.

Do you want to help?
                            money sqrt evil;

Comment

If the game resembles a traditional wargame (with hex grids and carboard counters) your counters are way, way too big.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X