Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lionheart demo now available

Anyone playd it yet?
    For those who don't know the game, Lionheart is an RPG in the 15th century or so in an alternate universe.
    It is the 2nd game series to use the SPECIAL system for the characters, Fallout being the first to ever use that.

There is a list of download servers over here:

I'm currently downloading it myself...more then 1 hour left

Lionheart site
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Hmm, even at 150 meg I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and download this one. I'm eager to see how they've interpreted the special system.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

I played it for while, it's interesting.

Character creation is more tedious compared to fallout, 2 screens instead of one, and several tab panes on the right. It takes some getting used to, but if you know the SPECIAL system you'll quickly find your way to the familiar statistics.

I really like the way they've implemented the skills, there are 3 main groups: Fighting, Thieving and Magic, and all groups have about the same amount of skills, all of them with a very distinct use.
      My character is a bit of an allrounder, concentrating on Perception, Agility and Intelligence with off course the Gifted trait...don't know what i'd do without it .

I like the way you get experience while sneaking past an enemy. It seems that for each "sight roll" the enemy fails, you get experience. So if you wait a while before attacking, you could get a dozen xp points early on without doing anything.

Also something interesting is that when creating a character, you have to choose which type of spirit you'll carry with you. You can choose from Elemental, Bestial and Demonic.
      During the game, the spirit you've chosen will appear and give you tips and hints.

Biggest turnoff so far is the realtime combat system combined with the fast movement of your enemies. For me there is virtually no time to take any action between the moment they've noticed, and the moment they are standing next to me and killing me.

I'[ve only played as human so far, but i'm stil curious about the different branches of magic..

So far i'm enjoying it.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

Estimated time left downloading 8:55:54

Can you spacebar pause the combat manically like the BG games or flick it into semi turn based like fallout tactics?
        Last edited by Grumbold; July 29, 2003, 18:13.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

WEEEE... Download .

I believe you may pause the combat and give orders.. or so they said .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Have to wait til thursday to get it.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Ooooh... fun.

But you can't pause during battles and give orders (though you can change inventory)

Damn them!

But I like the game, good fun... and some GREAT graphics. I especially love your spirit that tells you stuff .

It looks like it'll be great game (in spite of the lack of giving battle orders while paused).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Maybe you will be able to in the final release....

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Ooooh... fun.

But you can't pause during battles and give orders (though you can change inventory)

Damn them!
                  Then what good is the game?
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Don't suppose this has anything to do with the original Lionheart, which appeared on the Amiga (and possibly related platforms) about 10 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                      Maybe you will be able to in the final release....

ACK!
                      It would be very stupid not to put that in.

Another good thing i noticed, while talking to people, icons may appear next to the lines you can reply with. The icons indicite the reaction to your line, for example accepting a quest, ending a quest (and getting your reward), ending dialogue or starting a fight.

Comment

Download completed just in time for me to try generating a character before having to leave for work this morning. Looks like there's lots and lots of variety there, so I hope the storyline can sustain replay interest too.

I really couldn't decide which stats, traits or skills to concentrate on since so many seemed to be fun to have, unlike Fallout where I always favoured guns over hand to hand every time. Good stuff!
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Another good thing i noticed, while talking to people, icons may appear next to the lines you can reply with. The icons indicite the reaction to your line, for example accepting a quest, ending a quest (and getting your reward), ending dialogue or starting a fight.

Yeah, that was good . Not to mention that the game is BEAUTIFUL. Very nicely done graphics, especially your spirit .

It's very fun... but VERY hard in the beginning.... especially in the Barcelona Coast area. What REALLY sucks is there is no 'rest' option, so you just have to putz around until your health regenerates.

I have a feeling though that this demo stops JUST short of the city of Barcelona . I guess that'll make you want the game to play more, but the conversations and stuff like that is what I want to see.

Hopefully you'll be able to take your save game from the demo and use it on the main game. I really don't want to play this beginning part again .

Comment

Apparently the demo has practically nothing in common with the real game start, its just a hack job to show off some of the game features. Cant seem to find the link for that though .. I came here looking for it in order to post it elsewhere
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

Yeah, I just read that Grumbold .

It's in the forums... they took 3 random places, apparently. I wish there was more cities and dialogue though, like the most of the game is supposed to be. That's the stuff I'm looking for.

Kinda strange to have the demo so combat heavy, when the full game won't have that much combat in it, relative to other things .

Comment

Working...
                              X