I just wanted to share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanted to share

I was recently in a Staples store near me and I was looking thru their gaming area (I never expect much, yet I always look), and I found Neverwinter Nights on clearance for $9.99!!!

My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it. It was the greatest thing i've seen in the gaming world in a long time.

I mean, it's a fairly new game, and it was at a decade old game bargain bin price.

just thought i'd share the joy.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Did they actually sell it to you for that much? Or did they claim it was a pricing error and make you pay the full price?
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

Nah, the ultimte was finding the Shadowrun book for $3. I bought both of the copies they had.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

that is interesting.

The game is only 1 year old- and a month or two.

I bet you even Diablo 2 orginal game still sells for more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
          Nah, the ultimte was finding the Shadowrun book for $3. I bought both of the copies they had.
          The local D&D store I used to frequent had large-scale old-stock clearance sales every couple of years. I once picked up 20-something Torg manuals for $1.00 NZ apiece.

Neverwinter Nights here is currently selling for just under $50.00 Aus - down from about $90.00.
          DII otoh, the original without LoD thrown in, is still going for $70.00. Blizzard titles seem to hold their value much better than almost anything else.

Comment

I bet you even Diablo 2 orginal game still sells for more than that.
            It does. $14.99 at Costco. Last I saw Diablo I was $8.99 at Fry's Electronics.
            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Fry's Electronics

I can't believe there's an electronics store named that. Kind of like the pizza place that used to be named "Freeway Pizza"(it was right next to the freeway). They changed their name shortly after my brother asked for a cat hit by semi pizza.
              Attached Files
              American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
              I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
              Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
              XGalaga.

Comment

$10?!! Wow that is a bargain.

Comment

Hmm... I see a lunchtime trip to staples in my near future.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

i also tend to look at the staples gaming section, but i havent yet actually bought anything there. They do sometimes have surprising values, though.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                    X