Free Monkey Island-esq Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Monkey Island-esq Game!

Introducing Out of Order, a humorous adventure game from Hungry Software that is available for free, and is actually a decent game. It follows in the tradition of adventure games like Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacles, using a similar control system to those games.

The puzzles are rather strange, but well though out, and all follow the games own internal logic. Some puzzles are rather easy to solve, others are quite difficult. There is humour to be found in most of them though. Satisfyingly, there are enough puzzles in the game to last you many an hour - don't expect it to be over in a few hours.

Anyway, download it now and enjoy.
    And remember to use [spoiler] tags if you post a spoiler.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

I haven't even played it yet and I've already discovered something important.
    Spoiler:
    There isn't a linux version.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

Bugger.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Who? The person who made that game? No.
        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
        XGalaga.

Comment

I'll check it out later Skanky.

Comment

You people suck. There is a free Monkey Island-style game just waiting to be played, and you don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              You people suck. There is a free Monkey Island-style game just waiting to be played, and you don't bother.

Don't you mean "You people suck, except DrSpike, who is fantastic as always".

Comment

this game is pretty good
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  Don't you mean "You people suck, except DrSpike, who is fantastic as always".
                  Well, that goes without saying!
                  (Provided you have downloaded the game by now, and are enjoying it. )

The music in the game is pretty... interesting...
                  /me plays the game again just to hear the songs.

And thanks for mentioning that, Trajanus.
                  Last edited by Skanky Burns; July 30, 2003, 07:55.

Comment

Okay, I can't even get out of the first room. I can only pick up the CD, and after playing it on the stereo I can't find anything else to do to get the door open.

Comment

how to get out of the room

SPOILER!!!!
                      SPOILER!!!!
                      hint: try the door handle and don't forget to grab some sticky goo.
                      SPOILER!!!!
                      SPOILER END.

Comment

I already tried that. It won't let me use the sticky stuff on anything, including the door handle.

I can't pick up the squished head, there is nothing under the pillow, and I see nothing else that could be used as a tool. What am I missing?

Comment

just open the door man...

I picked up the door knob first before I tried to go out so maybe you need to take the door knob first, and then open the door

i don't know what oyu mean with a squishy head but eh....

it's annoying with this kind of games that you can't really write down in a forum how far you got stuck in the game and what problems need solving
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Pick up the door knob? How am I supposed to know that he can magically remove a door knob without tools? Oh well, onward...

Comment

OK, I finished. It was fairly amusing. A clever plot loaded with spoofs and british humour.

One of the speakers is being balanced on a "squished stress relief head" but it turned out that there is no use for this at all. I tried to find a way to lure the guard into my room and remove the head so as to drop the speaker on him, but the solution is something else.

Comment

Working...
                              X