Uncharted Waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncharted Waters

Hey, does anyone besides me like this game? If you are like me and are interested in seeing an updated open source clone of this game be created, then come over to this forum.

I'm trying to find volunteers to get this project set up, so if you are a developer, or even if you are not, come over. The thread by the way is stickied in the OT forum.
    Help to create Keewie, the open-source EU clone! Project forum here.

I like it, but lets move this to Other Games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Done, and yeah, it was a fun game. Another one I always liked was Macchiavelli the Prince.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Best part of Uncharted Waters: The trick of going to the extreme NW corner of Greenland (on the west coast) to find the saber tooth tiger. Always did that first for the 100,000 dinero!
        "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

uncharted waters was great. i first played it on the nintendo, rented it form some vid store, then i played uncharted waters new horizons later, from the same store.

finnally picked up an abandonware copy fo new horizons for the pc from somewhere. still got it lying around i think . . . great game. although it was good to have something to do while you played, since so much of the time involved sailing empty oceans with only the damn pirates to keep you compnay..
          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Is this the game inspired by carrier command?
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

since its based around 15th century naval vessels with special regard to mercantile efforts and exploration . . . i'd say no.
              By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Ah, I'm confusing it with Hostile Waters
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

What's your favorite ship in the game? I personally think the sloop class is good all round.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                    Ah, I'm confusing it with Hostile Waters
                    Ah, me too.............I was about to post and say this game sucked. However, I don't think I've played it.

Comment

Ah Uncharted Waters I & II were excellent games!

Check out the forums at www.koeigames.com/forums for more info on these classics.

They have versions III & IV in Japan and this is a big petition on the Koei forums to bring them over here to North America. I'd love to get my hands on those games!
                      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crunch
                        What's your favorite ship in the game? I personally think the sloop class is good all round.
                        Which game?

1st: Galleon

2nd: Tekkhousen (sp?), the japanese ships you must invest to get.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher

Which game?

1st: Galleon

2nd: Tekkhousen (sp?), the japanese ships you must invest to get.
                          The second one. I've never played the first.

Comment

i always preffered frigates or full riggs. hamburg ussually saw a lot of ignots from me. . .

frigates were great for high speed long distance exploration, i think they only needed 10 crew to operate. . . and full rigs were great for when you wanted to reach out and "touch" someone, or were just after plain cargo space.

Comment

I really liked this game back on my NES machine. Enough that I may check out the PC version. Thanks for listing links.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X