No announcement yet.

Commodore 64 rebirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the powerpacks always seemed to burn out. My C64 has a bad powerpack. maybe they just weren't designed for the heat of the desert.

Comment

I remember paying around 300-400$/€ for it's floppy drive ..
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
        Hey, I still have my Commodore 64, all the devices, and it still works.

Unfortunatly we sold it... but on the other hand: We wouldn't have got an Amiga, if we didn't
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Sounds like a way to make money on nostalgia to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
            Sounds like a way to make money on nostalgia to me...
            Well, duh. Did you know water is wet?
            Anyway, I have a C64 emulator that always freezes, and the only ROMs from the C64 that I care about are Mail Order Monsters and Archon, both of which I have, so it sounds okay with me. Anybody here remember MOM? Go, lyonbear! Tear 'em up!
            How these guys expect to sell a program that size over the internet and not expect it to be pirated within minutes is beyond me. I mean, if they actually found a way to realistically halt the spread of information on the internet, it would be an invention comparable to antigravity generators, and they wouldn't be farting around wasting it on reminisceware.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

You could put the whole thing on a chip these days.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Mail Order Monsters!

Now that brought back some nostalgic feelings. I can still hum the theme song for that one. Time to go in search of some old ROMs...

-Sojourn

Comment

Can't remember the theme song; I was like eight or so when our commodore stopped working. I just remember it was a cool frigging game(I'd love it if they brought it back for a modern system), and so was Archon. I DO, however, remember the music from Gyruss. Gyruss was cool too.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                  X