Star Wars Galaxies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Galaxies

I know that the people here are not big on MMORPGs, but there must be atleast one or two people here playing SWG. I'd be interested in hearing what they think of it, it's pros and cons, and anything else.

I've been thinking about trying it out... but there are two main obsticles in my mind. One being that it is a Star Wars game - I don't find the setting that attractive. The second being that PvP seems to be lacking in it.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Hmmm, sounds interesting. I would be interested in what others think of this too.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I play Star Wars Galaxies

Very addicting, but I have to wonder about the longevity of it. Though they are going to add vehicles and mounts in a free update eventually, they do not have them yet and there are still a lot of bugged missions that don't work and other problems, especially with clipping. On the other hand, there is no other Star Wars game that will immerse you in the Star Wars universe as this game will.
      What I really mean by longevity is, once you have all your skills for your profession, there is nothing more for you to do but try to get better equipment and stay on top of your game. Actually, this is pretty good because it's realistic, but on the other hand...people are going to get bored. Back on the positive spin, it will take you a LONG time to get all your skills maxed out.
      Arcainite
      PS - I play Gatuu on the Lowca Server.

Comment

where are the starships dammit!

Comment

where are the starships dammit!

KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I've heard mostly negative things about it so far, but it looks like one to keep an eye on for the future when more content is available.

I gather that they've recently made getting XP about 10x harder to stop people maxing out so fast but without making it any more interesting. That sounds dangerously like the mess that Asheron's Call 2 got into so I'm not going near it until I hear much more positive things about the game.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

So... stay away from it unless you really dig the Star Wars universe? Thanks.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

the game may improve.

I'm disappointed the game was released unfinished like this.

What I meant about ships, is I think they don't intend on releasing spaceships until a expansion pack (which will cost more money). And they still don't have mounts yet I think.

still I'm almost interested. I've always wanted to roam around planets like Hoth (from empire strikes back- the one with all the snow and ice) on ton-tons. Or go throught the forests on the Ewok moon in one of those speeders.

Comment

I was very excited about SWG when it was first announced and even toyed with the idea of applying to be a world designer.

But I lost virtually all interest when I found players were limited to a choice of 8 species, and you could choose from careers like shopkeeper. Ooooh, the excitement.

Comment

shopkeeper

Well in Eve- you can be a trader. But that is much more exciting. because you have to travel to trade your goods. And some players will attempt to kill you at the stargates.

Comment

Working...
                    X