X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New game: Empires

has anyone heard of this game?

empiresrts.com

looks nice, but a little bit too much like EE.

discuss...
    someone teach me baduk

"That said, any game with individual unit/building control that does not use TA's interface as a starting point has already hacked off its own legs."
    - Alan Bernardo, comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Re: New game: Empires

Originally posted by thinkingamer
      has anyone heard of this game?

empiresrts.com

looks nice, but a little bit too much like EE.

discuss...
      I've seen a little about this game at EmpireEarth Heaven. I think it looks interesting and will likely check it out more as the release draws closer.

From what I read in the EE heaven forums, when compared to RoN, it will have less to offer the TBS diehards and probably draw in more of the AoE RTS players. ...But, since I'm just going off of heresy that may just be a bunch of bull

Comment

BTW,

Stainless Steele, is set to make this game. They made the original Empire Earth, ( not the expansion). So I'd expect that some similiarities will exist.

Comment

Something is not right here; while China and Koreas' units are all ancient, the US and Germans' units are all modern... I wonder how will US survive in early stages of the game and how China will win in late games....
          someone teach me baduk

Comment

Heh, not something I usually care about, but watching the trailer I have to say the graphics are pretty damned good. Probably the first time that a RTS has used 3D graphics and not ended up looking like utter ****.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
              Heh, not something I usually care about, but watching the trailer I have to say the graphics are pretty damned good. Probably the first time that a RTS has used 3D graphics and not ended up looking like utter ****.
              yeah, the graphics are quite impressive. I hope the gameplay will end up good as the graphics.
              someone teach me baduk

Comment

Working...
              X