Sid Meier's Pirates! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid Meier's Pirates! 2

Yes indeed. Sid Meier's next game will be a sequel to that venerable title "Pirates!" according to a recent Computer Games Magazine (on page 27 of the August 2003 issue)

"But there was at least one remake that drew a lot of attention, and that was the announcement of a new version of "SID MEIERS PIRATES!" 'It's stood the test of time.' said Sid Meier at the press conference annoucning the game. 'It's time to re-imagine it for the 21t Century.' Full of open ended 'emergent' gameplay before anyone used that term to describe games, it was a true hybrid of role-playing, adventure, strategy and action-oriented fighting.

'We didn't understand [genres] when we made Pirates!' sid Meier, and he says the new version will remain true to the original, even if it's being 'reimagined' in full 3D."
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

As long as it doesn't follow Dinos

Comment

I've been away from the internet (and apolyton) for a couple of weeks, had expected an entire section for this game by know. Then again, that might not be a good idea. Considering what happened with Dinos. Of cource, Pirates! is a good gaming concept, something dinos hardly was. Well, I will probably not afford a computer good enough to play the game anyhow.

Comment

Wasn't this announced a few months back anyway? It's hardly new news.

Comment

There's been no info that I've seen- it looks like it's a game that will be done "when it's done". And considering nothing was shown at the expo, I have a feeling it's in the very early stages

Edit: I just saw a story from Gamespot that says the game will use the Gamebryo 3d engine- also used to power Morrowind, Dark age of Camelot and Freedom Force
          ----
          "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy
            Wasn't this announced a few months back anyway? It's hardly new news.
            Yup, the news got out just before E3.
            XBox Live: VovanSim
            xbox.com (login required)
            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
            Spore page

Comment

Not officially, though.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

pirates was kinda fun..for awhile
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Such a classic............I have reservations about whether the new Pirates can live up to the original. We can but hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahdimael
                    Edit: I just saw a story from Gamespot that says the game will use the Gamebryo 3d engine- also used to power Morrowind, Dark age of Camelot and Freedom Force
                    One engine produced all those graphically very different games? Curious.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

3d is 3d.

Comment

how was the weather is Mars, DC?
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Alex?

qué?

sorry I don't understand?

--
                          Well, Pirates!2 was new news to me At least the article is new even if it doesn't say much...
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                            Alex?

qué?

sorry I don't understand?
                            He means that you must have been on a different planet for you to not have noticed this. He thinks he's being funny.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Damn smartasses.

Comment

Working...
                              X