Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you just hate in games...

... that's a common thing in games..?

I simply can't stand magic (unless it only comes "in small doses") in games, but still there's new "magic games" released every now and then... If some game company releases an RPG game, there's 99% risk, for that game to include magic... way too much magic...

This is really sad, since I like the general idea in RPG games (i.e. you build up your character over time)

A little magic can't hurt, but it's almost always way too much
    This space is empty... or is it?

Cheating computer players.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      Cheating computer players.
      Indeed
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Poorly done and out of place 3D graphics just for the sake of having 3D graphics.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Agree...

Too bad that's what they're always putting into the Tycoon games (75% of all new tycoon games are in 3D... none of those 3D Tycoon games are good)
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

As design(marketing) decisions - very deliberate and small inbuilt hrs to completion, plus limited replayability.
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Hal's most hated:

10. Games that come in huge boxes but are 90% air.
              9. Movie tie-ins.
              8. Sequels that use the same engine and basically only add scenarios.
              7. "Strategy manuals" where the writers only played 10% of the game.
              6. Cannot turn off sound.
              5. 1k+ game cd's in the bargin bin.
              4. No keyboard shortcuts.
              3. Sim-anything (somebody's getting a beatdown for making me buy sim-planet.)
              2. Piss Poor A.I.
              1. Games released in beta form that require 2+ patches just to be stable.

Comment

Games that came without translation or subtitles yeah, I know, you don't have that problem over there
                >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

F*cked up sequels.
                  cough*Ultima 9*cough

Buggy games released to make Christmas.

AI Cheating.

Comment

Barrels that explode when you shoot them. They're bloody everywhere in games.

Bug-fests. There's no excuse. They say that it's because PCs are all so different, but most bugs are common across all machines.

Modability and mod-makers. Now, I don't hate these, but I do think that they help to ensure that games are made half-heartedly. If you're a games company, why not release the product half-finished and leave the fans to finish it? Why pay programmers when modders work for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                      If you're a games company, why not release the product half-finished and leave the fans to finish it? Why pay programmers when modders work for free?
                      Still, the publisher is still going to take a hit and that title just won't sell. Besides, a lot of gamers don't have access to mods (maybe less now since Apolyton is becoming famous ).
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

10. Games that come in huge boxes but are 90% air.

I like huge boxes.

8. Sequels that use the same engine and basically only add scenarios.

Nothing wrong as long as they are cheap.

5. 1k+ game cd's in the bargin bin.

I like the bargain bin.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Crates in FPS (even when not infiltrating a box factory) and unnecessary amount of keys needed to play eg, tilt this way tilt that way, bob up and down abit to see over ledge...
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Overly complex gameplay for simple things.
                            Overly simple gameplay for complex things.
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

lately the gaming boxes are too small

hardly any room for manuals, and many companies do not even try to put out decent manuals anymore. They rely on in game help or a pdf manual.

cheating, major gameplay bugs

Comment

Working...
                              X