Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible Creatures

Does anyone else play this game?

I have had it for some time, and it's fun... not the best game around, but it has some interesting ideas...

For those who don't know the game:
    You're a scientist who can mix two animals of your own choice, in the way you want... the bad news is: The enemy can do the same

The funny thing about this game is, it's published by Microsoft, and there's a free addon for download at the official site

Features
    • 15 new base insects and animals that can be combined to create a vast number of mutant creatures, the results of which are limited only by players' creativity.
    • 9 new abilities for army strategy enhancement and further tactic definition.
    • New environments and Multiplayer Maps.
    • Increase your tactics and strategies through many new gameplay enhancements that build on the existing features in "Impossible Creatures".

Sounds interesting, I have downloaded and installed it, but can't get it working yet
    This space is empty... or is it?

Micro$oft? Releasing an addon for free? This Impossible Creatures game have probably sold three or four copies, then. Congrats, ADG, you're one of three or four human beings who own it.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Hehe, I was just as shocked as I heard it

Comment

No, I haven't. Why do all the strategy games that let you customize your units insist on using the extremely cheesy theme of bio-engineering? Why can't the damn units be mechanical?
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Because:

Mechanical units are

Comment

And bio units are

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

That sounds like a rip off of Unnatural Selection
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Never heard of that game...

Comment

I never heard about it too, it's an old DOS game made by Maxis. Here are some links about it:

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Which in turn was inspired by an old card game called Quirks I expect....
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

I saw the card game too, but I can't remember what it is called now.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                      X