Reach For The Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reach For The Stars

I picked this up the other day for $5. Must say I am enjoying it as much as any game I have played recently.

I intended to just add a classic to my Space 4X collection, but it turns out im enjoying it more than MOO3 and GalCiv at the moment. I need to get MOO2 now. Seen it around in bargain bins.

Anyone still play RFTS?

Its not very popular. We did talk about it a bit a few months ago.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

RftS is a bit dry. If you want to get a space 4X game, I suggest you to look for MoO instead of MoO 2.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I heard that it was crashy.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I heard that it was crashy.
          MOO2 of RFTS?

Don't totally discount MOO2. It's a pretty good game, too.

Comment

I had MOO2 for a while several months ago, a loaner from a friend. Havent had crash problems with MOO2 or RFTS.

I guess it all boils down to opinion. I dont see RFTS as being dry, simplistic maybe. But I do see some personality.
            Having played both, I would give GalCiv the nod in the diplomacy department, but thats about it.

Civ2 and even Civ3 really rope me in. When I play them, I feel like I do when I read a good book...im there. Havent got that feel with the space 4X yet.

Comment

Sorry, RFTS was reported to be crashy (read reviews on Amazon). Especially with larger universes and maxed out enemies.

Never had any crash problems with Moo2 after applying the latest patch.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Well, I never played RftS that much, but it didn't crash on me ever.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
                  Don't totally discount MOO2. It's a pretty good game, too.
                  It's not bad, but it just doesn't have the epic sense the original has.

Comment

Working...
                  X