Just Got Morrowind....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    Nah, Grand Soul Gems are rather common at level 12 and higher. Enchant is a major skill for me... I did most of my enchantment myself, except for two things (Constant, of course) that I kept failing... I paid 210k for these two, total.
    Level 12?!

I'm only Level 2....
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Well, that's different . Actually, first 5 or 6 levels come slower.

See, soul gems are leveled loot. Which means, if you go into a bandit cave and look into crates there, you will find different stuff based on your level. I started going into caves a lot after level 10, and found good stuff.

My character, BTW, is now level 45... but his leveling got pretty much stuck after I think level 38... VERY slow. Understandable - to raise Destruction skill, I'd need to use lots of these spells, but I can kill anything with 1 spell. When I want to raise the level, though, I go into my giant stronghold, summon a wave of enemies, like 6 or 7, and then have them all fight me at once.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Destruction's an easy skill to level in. I used to stand on a hil and shoot fireballs into the sun then rest when I ran out of mana.

Comment

Yeah, but I somehow don't feel like it. Well, on rare occasions I will be running around shooting fireballs, but usually I don't. I prefer to level my skills 'naturally'.

Comment

Problem.

I'm trying to get to Marandus. But theres this creature with an ugly face that my sword doesnt affect What shall I do?
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Must be a bonewalker - undead. You can't touch them with usual weapons. You need either an enchanted weapon, or silver weapon to take them out. You can, of course, use magic.

Comment

Actually any weapon silver or better will do the trick. Just don't use iron, chitin, or steel weapons and you'll be able to hit undead and ghosts.

P.S. There's a decent sword just sitting in one of the Balmora guard towers if you can distract the guard. I think it makes a great early game weapon.
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

BustaMike - indeed. Ebony swords also rip 'em undead.

Comment

Working...
                  X