Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

was 1999 the best year for strategy games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Tetris-like game I remember that was decent was Dr. Mario.

I have been getting the feeling the Aftermath designers are trying to rope in X-Com fans as well. I believe they should have a demo out just before the game.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Game Domain has a somewhat positive preview of UFO: Aftermath
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'll probably buy it but I'm still hoping for a demo first. Guess I'm still suffering from post-Moo3 burn.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I hate to gloat, but I am one of the few who knew MoO 3 would suck from the beginning.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            I hate to gloat, but I am one of the few who knew MoO 3 would suck from the beginning.
            I knew it also...

How can anybody actually think that the third version of Cows in space would ever be good
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Did he die because there is nothing more addictive than Tetris? Or of an unrelated cause?
              I think he committed suicide.

I think he was in financial difficulty.

I can't be sure however- If we knew his name, then we could search for the truth...
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                Game Domain has a somewhat positive preview of UFO: Aftermath
                Somewhat positive!
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                X