Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should i get Imp1, now that ive got Imp2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i get Imp1, now that ive got Imp2?

I recently purchased and am enjoying Imperialism 2. Is there any reason to get the original Imperialism?

I realize that Imp covers a later time period, and has a somewhat different economic model, etc. But this is a fairly abstract game, and I cant see going to the bother (not much expense) of getting and installing Imp 1 just for the time period, unless theres something unique about the gameplay.

So were all the gameplay changes improvements?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Military-wise, yes.

Infrastructure- and economics-wise, it is a matter of opinion. The Imperialism resource model had an interesting third tier.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
      Military-wise, yes.

Infrastructure- and economics-wise, it is a matter of opinion. The Imperialism resource model had an interesting third tier.
      I played the demo a long time ago but dont remember it real well - you converted resources into materials into goods ? And ISTR you had to build rail cars for land transport.

Those sound good in theory, but one thing im liking about Imp2 after playing a lot of Civ2 and a little SMAC is its relative elegance - im not sure I want another level of economics in this game - though i guess without the new world the whole exploration conquest is thinner in Imp.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

In 2, a lot of the logistical stuff was handled for you automatically, leaving you to concentrate on playing the game. You can by 1 if you want, but IMHO it's not as good as 2.

Comment

get Imperialism, it rules.

Comment

Imperialism
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Imperialism 1

No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

i need a manual ....
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Yes, you do.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

actually you can dl it at underdogs site...where i got the game from...so when i have the time i will...too busy right now...

but its confusing not knowing what i am doing

Comment

I had the game, not impressed.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

why not UR?

Comment

You can download the game FREE from here so even if your unsure you might aswell try as its free anywayz, just gotta download it!

~Glen
                          Last edited by Glen; July 15, 2003, 10:24.
                          Then i remembered thinking to myself "Holy Jesus what are these god damn animals"----> "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Comment

good link...i got it from there, make sure you dl the manual too if you hve never played before

Comment

The game really shines in gameplay, the gfx are pretty poor, but economy model is very good and the turned based combat can be fun, if you dont mind the old gfx and you are looking for a game with solid gameplay and replayablity then this is for you, i was hooked for about 2/3weeks but with new games coming out all the time i find it hard to stay hooked to old games.

If anyone has a taste for the golden oldies whatever the genre then click this link for a website that has LOADS of old games with about 80% of them free to download (NOT illegal - just games on public domain, freeware etc...)
                              Last edited by Glen; July 14, 2003, 09:01.
                              Then i remembered thinking to myself "Holy Jesus what are these god damn animals"----> "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Comment

Working...
                              X