No announcement yet.

Neverwinter Nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, with 30 points and a henchman to help me sneak attack people with, single class rogue is good.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

I still need to do the penultima campaign.

I got the expansion and am doing that campaign right now with my brother.

That so far seems a bit better than the original campaign.

Comment

Ok everyone says that penultima is good! but is there anything else thats good? for SP i mean
        Then i remembered thinking to myself "Holy Jesus what are these god damn animals"----> "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Comment

Its been a while since I went looking but there used to be sites dedicated to listing and scoring modules for their SP and MP quality. You'll get a more reliable list from one of those. To my shame I can't even remember the name of the group that wrote my favourite modules.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

I have also played keep on the borderlands. That one was decent.

And pool of radiance. That one was good.

I have played amulet of zeron. That's a good Multiplayer dungeon romp. I think there is a single player version as well. There isn't much story, but the action is challenging for the most part. Although once you figure out the correct tactics, it isn't too bad.

Comment

Is it just me or is the challenge rating thingie you can get for enemies and NPCs a little off? There was this one spider, which the game showed as yellow that routinely killed both me and my henchman easily. On the other hand, an "impossible" to kill wizard who got the jump on me by teleporting into the room while I wasn't paying attention went down with little effort on the first try (Of course it helps when my reflex saves look something like 14+16 = 30 *evasion*).
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

It's not you. AFAIK, difficulty level is based on level of enemy, not HP. Wizards have less HP per level than other characters, while spiders have more HP per level.
                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Yeah, but spiders don't have a level. They are assigned some sort of challenge rating. (Of course those are pretty screwed up even in the 3rd Ed. monster manual... if you doubt that compare a dragon to anything else with a similar challenge rating) Enemy wizards are funny. They waste time casting spells that lead to reflex saves, then take 5d6+1 + d4 + 4d6 + 1 from my two sneak attacks. I understand why wizards are squishy, but I don't understand why knockdown, which is more overpowered in this game than in 3rd Ed. given to a spider with a poison whose save DC is 26. (26! on something that you face at level 5, when the most powerful poisons in AD&D are around 19 or so) and then this spider is labelled easy to defeat. Why bother with some sort of challenge rating system if it's going to suck.
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                  X