Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 3?!

This is the Black Isle forums on Interplay's website:

It seems that it is an open secret, that Black Isle's next project (code named 'Van Buren') WILL be Fallout 3!

So far what I've gotten is that FO3 will have turn based AND real time combat, and you can pick. Everything else is not settled, I guess.

Hopefully this actually turns out to be another trip in the wasteland .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

It seems like they are still just in the conjecture stage to me.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

check that out all
      When the stars threw down their spears,
      and water'd heaven with their tears,
      Did he smile his work to see?
      Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Comment

Just because Van Burean has been talked about doesn't mean it will happen...at least not for a while. Look at Jefferson.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Just because Van Burean has been talked about doesn't mean it will happen...at least not for a while. Look at Jefferson.

Um... it is VERY unlikely that Van Buren will suffer the same fate as Jefferson, especially considering Jefferson was a D&D game, and Interplay LOST the D&D license to Atari/Infogrames (which is why Neverwinter Nights had to be sold to Atari in order for it to get published).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

That's not what happened at all. Bioware left first and for a while they didn't have a publisher. Furthermore, Interplay published a D&D game AFTER NWN was released.
            Last edited by Apocalypse; June 21, 2003, 10:51.
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

you better not be getting my hopes up for nothing

Comment

Which is better fallout 1 or 2, i just realised they're both at the bottom of that big pile of games that ive never played
                Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Depends. If you like a lot of pop culture references from 1998, then Fallout 2 is your bet. If you don't, then go for Fallout.

Comment

Furthermore, Interplay published a D&D game AFTER NWN was released.

I assume you are refering to Icewind Dale II? That was a special (basically one-shot) deal.

Jefferson was rumored to either be IWD 3 or BG 3. After the Forgotten Realms licence was taken away from them (and they refused to license it for another D&D title), naturally it was going to die.

I see no reason why Fallout 3/ Van Buren will suffer the same fate. It isn't based on D&D at all.

Comment

Jefferson is still on the backburner, meaning it hasn't been cancelled. Heck, much of the talk surrounding it was made last summer, after NWN was released.

NWN was Interplay property for many years. If they wanted to, they could have done something to get it published.

Comment

Ah...you beat me to the news..i've been meaning to post something for a few days now...but too damn lazy to do it

...However, i'm not too lazy to dance to this news.

I've get all of my fallout news from these two sites btw...

No Mutants Allowed is a gaming site dedicated to post nuclear role playing series - Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout Tactics. Largest news database on the Internet. Your Fallout Bible.

In the news items you'll find links to some FO3 relevant forum posts.
                        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Jefferson is still on the backburner, meaning it hasn't been cancelled. Heck, much of the talk surrounding it was made last summer, after NWN was released.

No, it's done. I'll never see the light of day.

Comment

No, it's not done and you don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

It's done... you have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X