any chq players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any chq players?

I'm jonsing for some chq. i have a copy somewhere, but it's unplayable on newer computers. it needs a mod for cpu speed adjustment, and non-modem playing...also, last i checked, probably an updated mouse driver as well.

if anyone knows where it is, or has it, please let me know.

if any mod makers want to mess with it, i think you can get a copy off theunderdogs.

Command HQ?

If you use an acronym, make sure you use the full name at least once so others know what you are talking about.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

yep, command hq.

Comment

What genre is it?

Comment

rts...i forget the name of other games in the genre at the time, but it's kind of like Risk on crack. you play on the earth map, and you can start out either with 1 base per player, or follow history. i think it was 2 players max.

if anybody is old enough to remember, computer gaming world had a huge nationwide tournament with chq, with people who were willing to pay the long distance charges.

Comment

Command HQ. Brilliant for its time and still quite interesting to play around with every once in a while.
            I liked the 2020(?) scenario most of all.

Underdogs has it, in one of their "special collection" categories IIRC, but, for "disputed" reasons, I can't post the link, .. erm, ... "again".

Comment

i liked the one where you start with 1 city apiece. heh i had a movie (you could save entire games) where i spelled my name out in units on the map.

Comment

Working...
              X