No announcement yet.

Transport Giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say, Ixnay, the game looks like it has potential to be just as enjoyable as TT and TTD...ok ok TT wasn't enjoyable, but you get the idea. However, I still hold hope a true sequel while be done before the end of the decade. Chris Sawyer had a good thing goin' with that game and he really needs to build upon it himself (plus other original programmers from Microprose...God how I miss that company ).
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I am still playing TTD, so I am very much expecting this.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

If its a true sequel then

If its industry giant meets traffic crud then

TT certainly had its problems, like when your lorries get into a jam at the depots but it definitely had that 'one more turn/minute' feeling that all the Giant series have lacked.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

I hate that with the trucks.

However, the game still rules. What beats building a supershort rail link on a road used by an opponent, and have all of his trucks destroyed?
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
            I hate that with the trucks.

However, the game still rules. What beats building a supershort rail link on a road used by an opponent, and have all of his trucks destroyed?
            Competing against superior rivals while avoiding bankrupcy? Eh, but that's just me.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Just you.

whenever the poor AI builds a truck freight lane, I immideately build a RR double-track with two light locomotives.

whenever dealing with AI I have simple rules:
              Passanger carrier busses- No problems with me.
              RR and truck freight lanes far away from me - No problems with me.
              Airports- No problems with me
              Airports where I already have an airport- The Mother****er is going down.
              Freight Lines from raw resources which I currently haul: Fighting to the death, purchasing land to block construction, increasing service quality ( launching another train/more trucks from that resource), building railroads that intentionally cross their roads to kill their trucks. what not.

actually, I am doing the exact thing in this game I am playing right now.

my motto is: "don't mess with me, and I'll let you live.".

of course, if they don't develop their bussiness fast enough, what happens is at some point they manage to outcompete me in a single lane, so I buy them, and destroy them.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Buying the rights to land in the path of the AI's approaching railway line always gave me a malicious pleasure.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

I liked to make him try and flatten entire mountains in the attempt to build a track, only to discover that I blocked the station on the other end.

I am going to computer game hell for this, to join MiB, and Capitalism 2.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Taking advantage of the poor computer like that.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

yes, Yes, YES!!! Buwahahahahaha

the bastards sure build much faster than I do, so it kinda evens out.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

If you're still playing TTD, check out the TTDPatch if you haven't yet. It fixes a bunch of things, makes some things easier, and adds some new features (like building on slopes). And you can individually toggle everything in the patch to your liking.

Comment

thanks, I'll try that!

Will it work on TTD for Windows?
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                            If you're still playing TTD, check out the TTDPatch if you haven't yet. It fixes a bunch of things, makes some things easier, and adds some new features (like building on slopes). And you can individually toggle everything in the patch to your liking.

http://www.ttdpatch.net/

Wow.

What about being able to build airports and helipads in the same station? that was always one of my biggest peaves.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                              thanks, I'll try that!

Will it work on TTD for Windows?
                              Yes. This patch and the windows version is the only way I've gotten TTD to work in Windows XP. As for airports and helicopters, I believe they're working on getting it so that when helicopters land at an airport they don't block planes. For now, there's just a tweak to the limit on numbers of airports per city so you could put in more helipads if you wanted.

Comment

I like some of the things, but don't like others.

Overall, it's nice to have the option.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X