Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What games are you looking forward to in the NEAR future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What games are you looking forward to in the NEAR future?

(By near future, I mean by the end of this year)

My pick is Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

Here is a little FAQ: http://www.gamebanshee.com/lionheart/faq.php

Lionheart is a role playing game being made with the SPECIAL system, that is the same system used in Fallout and Fallout2.

The story is interesting. During the Crusades, Richard the Lionhearted brought together a bunch of holy relics and started a spell designed to wipe out Saladin's forces. Instead things went horribly wrong and there was a rip in the fabric of reality... demons and spirits flowed unto the world. Christian and Muslim joined to fight back these spirits resulting in a series of crusades against Dragons, Fell Spirits, etc. The Inquisition exists, but now it fights magic.

You show up a few centuries afterwards (after the crusades and England breaking up due to magical earthquakes). There are actually historical people in the game, a bit off center, of course . Apparently Cervantes is a bit mad . Some of them live longer than they should because of spirits helping them along.

It should be released in August, and it sounds awesome .
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; June 10, 2003, 17:40.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

SoU

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Warlords IV
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

HL2
        Halo2
        Doom3
        Diablo 2 1.10 patch
        Fable
        Crash Nitro Cart
        Rallisport 2
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Jon - SoU?

And can you guys include a little blurb about what these games are?! Thanks .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Thief 3
            Garrett is back, and this time the Keepers are too powerful for their own good. FPS - First Person Sneaker

Deus Ex 2
            You are some new guy who enters the Deus Ex world, but can meet old favourites from the original. The thinking man's FPS, with a healthy dose of RPG as well.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Sou--Shadows of Undrentide--the Neverwinter Nights expansion.
              Hopefully they came up with a decent story this time.
              I'll second Lionheart.

Comment

Ah, DX2 . Is it coming out this year?

Comment

*Eligibility of nominated games not guaranteed*
                  However, they are the only games I am looking forward to.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

HALF LIFE 2
                    DEUS EX 2

Comment

note I answered the near future

as in the next couple of weeks

to my knowledge none of the rest are coming out than

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I have another one. GTA Vice City.
                        By July, it might just be released in Australia for the PC!

Comment

Near future as in next couple weeks:

Midtown Madness 3
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Transport Giant (see my new thread in this forum)

Comment

Victoria*
                              Crusader Kings*

*I -HOPE- at least one (if not both...though that's a bit greedy of me, sorry) is released before the year's out.

Oh and...SMT2 (if translations count).
                              DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Working...
                              X