Help me find some games to submerge in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find some games to submerge in

No, i'm not talking about submarine games. Summer is here which means alot of sun and fun and of course lots of spare time for playing games. So help me find some great games (pc).

I have played most RPGs (baldurs gate series, arcanum, fallout etc), Championship Manager and Civ-games alot so anything besides them.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Check out Warcraft3...........because the expansion is released on 1st July, and the new MP patch just came out and it's very good.

Comment

Warcraft 3 sucks at SP though. It has no AI to speak of - just triggers and scripts.

SimCity 4 can be very engrossing.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Starcraft's always a good one. I tried Jedi Outcast and didn't care for it too much but some of my friends swear by it so you may want to check it out.

Comment

an excellent, often overlooked game - sid meiers gettysburg (and yes, reynolds was part of the design team IIRC) . It just might recruit you into the small, happy band of wargamers, and as a bonus, might give you an insight into the American experience of war. (dont know how hard it is to find over there)
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

For the moment I'm playing Deus Ex, which I find very good. I also enjoyed Medal of Honour Allied Assault, but I'm not into FPS (of any kind) so I can't say how it rates compared to other titles in the genre.

Homeworld: Cataclysm. Haven't finished it yet, but that's not because it didn't captivate me.

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
              I also enjoyed Medal of Honour Allied Assault, but I'm not into FPS (of any kind) so I can't say how it rates compared to other titles in the genre.
              MoH:AA is a good FPS game. Other good ones are RTCW and BF1942.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

RTCW?

Carolus

Comment

Nethack

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
                    RTCW?

Carolus
                    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Ah! Good, I bought it a week ago but it's still in the box. So many games, so little time...

Carolus

Comment

Thief 1
                        Thief 2
                        Deus Ex

This is a recording.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I've heard that recording before.

Are those playable with Win XP by any chance?
                          I've just found out that Bloodmoon won't be here until the end of this month so I'm about to send off a mail order and was thinking about ordering Deux Ex as well ...

Comment

Thanks for the tips, though I have played most of them earlier.
                            Thief 2 is hard to find in any shop otherwise I would try that one. Keep em coming lads!
                            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Asuka
                              MoH:AA is a good FPS game. Other good ones are RTCW and BF1942.
                              What about Half-Life? I recently bought a box called Half-Life: Generation or something like that, which bundled the original game with some blueish expansion pack and a game (add-on?) called Counter-Strike (or Counter-Force?), supposedly one of the big hits for MP.

Cost 30 USD, worth the bucks (haven't tried it yet)?

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                              X