• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCTW Enemy Territory -It's here and its's FREE

and it kicks A$$.

Great graphics great gameplay, and its totally FREE

ID for releasing this into the wild...

you can download it here in Uk:

just tried it and the game rocks from what I could play - now this could be a next 5 year hit, or more, as it is completly free, no CD key needed or similar - download 258 MB, install and play
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

My RCTW disk got corrupted.

Does this game require RCTW to be installed?
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Shoudn't it be RTCW?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Return Castle To Wolf

Btw... no you don't need a disc, its's FREE

I know it's hard to believe but - ID It's as good MP as from the box or actually better
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Yes, it's both free and stand-alone.

It was supposed to be a SP+MP expansion, but for various reasons it was cancelled. They cut the SP part,and released it as a stand-alone MP-only game.

Not so great for the developers/producers, but great for the consumer!
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Is this the one with only one Map?
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

//sucky connection today
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
                Is this the one with only one Map?
                As far as I can tell there is at least 6 maps, with two campaigns - there is a campaign mode where you have a campaign trough three maps, axis vs allies, and people get experience bonuses, and ranks - didn't figure it out completley but I'll try

Comment

No WAY! Those ugly graphics were always the scarriest for me. It always felt as if Hitler in a robot suit is lurking somewhere around, AND I am on drugs, helpless.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Is there another download source? This one seems to be dead.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I was playing it all last night. It's pretty fun and it looks and plays better than the commercial RTCW. I just wish it had voice chat like Xbox live... that is sooo helpful in team based games like this.
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        No WAY! Those ugly graphics were always the scarriest for me. It always felt as if Hitler in a robot suit is lurking somewhere around, AND I am on drugs, helpless.
                        I remember in Doom 2 that you could go to the secret Wolfenstein level...nothing like killing Nazis with the bfg

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a relatively new game
                        ----
                        "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                          Is there another download source? This one seems to be dead.
                          Have you tried Kazaa or eDonkey? Since it's a free download getting it from a P2P network wouldn't even be illegal.

Anyway, try Gamer's Hell - they have lots of good demo downloads actually.

Link to RTCW Enemy Territory
                          GamersHell is the ultimate destination for gaming news, reviews, previews, videos and more.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I got it.

Looks good, I played couple hours today. I cant really judge since it's the first shooter I ever played MP on but it plays pretty good.

Comment

Has anyone got any links to some map descriptions... the game is great for me, but I would appreciate understaning the objectives on all the maps a bit better... (what to do etc...)

Comment

Working...
                              X