• Time
  • Show
Clear All

During that time...

Myst: 20 <-- Frustrating as h#ll, but rewarding in an odd sort of way

Civ 2: 20 <--played it to death

Warcraft 2: 10 <-- Ditto

Comment

can't vote for X-com1? That may be 1994. I'm not sure. I got my first PC in 1995, and all I know is some of my first games were X-com and masters of Magic.

In fact masters of Magic was in 1994 as well I think.

I'm not sure about Crusader: No Remorse- but you forgot to put the points for crusader in that list.

I'm trying to think of other games that came out in that time. Did Fallout 1 come out during that time? If so put 20 points for Fallout 1

I found the release date for Fallout 2- that in 1998. So I have to asssume Fallout 1 came out prior to 1998.

So here's my updated list if I can't vote for X-com 1

Civ2: 20 points
      Fallout 1: 20 points
      Crusader: No Remorse 5 points
      Masters of Magic: 5 points

Comment

@Panag C&C and C&C:Red Alert are two different games.
        I also thibk both fall into this TimePeriod but would have to look it up.
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

My MoM was released in 1995, as i see in readme.txt of 1.31 patch
          money sqrt evil;
          My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

CivII: 20
            Fallout: 20 (released in 97)
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by muxec
              P.P.S: You can find all release dates on "the underdogs".
              and also:

I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Civ 2 and Warcraft...
                "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Amongst the ones released in those 3 years, I've played much more games than in the subsequent years!

If the limit of 8 titles you can express a vote for is strictly enforced, I'll have to sacrifice a few titles that would have been worth of an absolute mention, in my opinion.

So, here I go with the allotment of my 50 points.

20 Riven (97)
                  10 Stars! (96)
                  8 Civ II (96)
                  5 Master of Magic (95)
                  3 Machiavelli the Prince (95)
                  2 Master of Orion 2: Battle at Antares
                  aka MOO:BAA (96)
                  1 Myst (95)
                  1 Death Rally (96)

Honorable mention to:
                  Blade Runner
                  The Incredible Machine 3
                  SimCity Classic (Win95 release in 95, while the Win3.x original came out in 94)
                  Settlers II

(although, even if I could include 2 of these, up to 10 titles in the poll, I wouldn't know which of the official 8 to take a vote out from...)

Comment

Sim City 2000 was released in '93
                    In this poll scope was released SimCity 2000:CD collection, which was just a commercial bundle and I wonder whether it qualifies as a standalone title for the poll, and Streets of simCity

Comment

Of the X-COM series, in the 95-97 scope came out also X-COM: Terror from the Deep.
                      X-COM: UFO Defense aka UFO:Enemy Unknown came out indeed in 94

Comment

Of the Fallout series, Fallout (1) came out in 97 and Fallout 2 came out in 98.

Comment

Originally posted by MariOne
                          In this poll scope was released SimCity 2000:CD collection, which was just a commercial bundle and I wonder whether it qualifies as a standalone title for the poll, and Streets of simCity
                          Hmm... in that case:

Originally posted by ADG
                          - Syndicate Wars (20)
                          - Theme Hospital (15)
                          - SimCity 2000 (10)
                          - Conquest of the new World (5)
                          I'll just change my to:

- The Settlers II - Veni Vidi Vici (20)
                          - Syndicate Wars (20)
                          - Theme Hospital (5)
                          - Conquest of the new World (5)
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Well, muxec is the authority here, and he tallied all the Simcity2000 votes despite he stated himself that the DOS version was released prior to the poll's scope (and what did he mean by that???)

Comment

Originally posted by MariOne
                              hmmmph - then just delete my points for simcity.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

In summary:

89 SC DOS (the original, Brøderbund)
                                91 SC Win3x (Dev AND published by Maxis)
                                93 SC 2000 DOS (new game)
                                93 SC 2000 Special Edition DOS,Win3x (Win3x port + Disaster Scenarios addon + Urban Renewal Kit editor)
                                94 SC 2000 URK DOS,Win3x (separate release of the editor only for those who had purchased SC2k but not the SE)
                                94 SC Classic Win3x (port of the original, not 2k)
                                95 SC Classic Win95 (port of the original, not 2k)
                                96 SC 2000: CD Collection Win3x,Win95 (the name suggests that this is just a collection of the old CDs, instead this release includes the SC2kSE *ported* to Win95, and a "Bonus Cities and Scenarios" extra)
                                97 Streets of SC Win9x (EA, new game: drive thru SC-created urban tracks...)
                                99 SC 3000 Win9x, Linux (new game)
                                99 SC 3000 Unlimited Win9x, Linux (World Edition in the UK - standalone game, but same as SC3k with more objects in it and extended editor)
                                03 SC 4 Win (new game, 3D)

Now, if the mere '95 edition of the Win95 port od SC Classic qualifies it for the poll, I figure that also the '96 CD Collection SC2k Win95 port should qualify.
                                Only requisite, is that voters have played THAT exact release, and NOT the '93 SC2k for DOS or Win3x...

Up to muxec!

Comment

Working...
                                X