Jagged Aliance 2 GOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jagged Aliance 2 GOLD

Has anybody played JA2 Gold? Is it any different from JA2?

There was an expansion pack released for JA2... erm, wasn't there?

Comment

Yea, JA2: Unfinished bussiness. Thats what comes in this GOLD package. But I was wondering if GOLD means that the original JA2 missions, weapons or whatever got revised....changed....improved.

Comment

I would guess that the "gold" means that they just have the two games combined in one package... but not sure, so this guess is kind-of worthless.

Thanks for the knowledge considering expansion pack, though.

Comment

Unless it boasts of extra stuff I'd expect Gold just to be the basic game and xpack
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Exactly what I said... but I guess it wants sure facts about the Gold-package, so I don't think replying is necessary.

Comment

JA2 was a neat game............though watch the learning curve!

Comment

Yea, few days after the start you were usually in pain.

Comment

I finished JA2 so many times I cannot keep count of it. I was secretly hoping they made some new missions or added new weapons or something.

I really wish someone would make JA3. In fact, I'll make it my Chistmas wish!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu
                    Exactly what I said... but I guess it wants sure facts about the Gold-package, so I don't think replying is necessary.
                    Eh? Am I being criticised for sharing the same opinion?

From a web store:

"Package contains Jagged Alliance 2 and Jagged Alliance 2 Unfinished Business"
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

I was hoping of a Space Empires 4 type of Gold edition....

Comment

Unfortunately i don't thing there's much more to SirTech these days than a name and an out of date website. The company ran into trouble trying to find a publishing deal for Wizardry 8 and by the time it finally hit the stores, long after it was finished, most of the staff had been let go.

Still, I notice that they managed to put out a patch for JA2 Gold, so there must still be someone lurking in the shadows.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Yeah, there are some options to make the game a good deal tougher.

Iron man means you can't save whenever there are enemies nearby, which makes the game pretty hard imo...

Of course, unfinished business adds some gameplay...
                          Unfortunately my version always crashes right at the start when you try to enter Miguels base, after you've killed some weak baddies and followed the old woman...

I've managed to get through a few times without crashing, but I only once managed to leave the area without crashing, and I ****ed up that savegame by doing some silly things so I'm broke, no mines, everybody dead, nothing

I'm not gonna bother reloading the game 50 times (seriously) to get through that stage without the game crashing...

too bad
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                          X