Deus Ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex

I am at the point in the game where you kill Lebedev and meet Paul at his apartment and go to battle with the men in black.

I know, it's taking me forever to play this game, but i like it.

Anyway, These men in black seem invincible, how do you beat them?

Also, this may be the problem, but when I went back to Paul's apartment, I know I am supposed to meet with him and he is to help me in the gunfight, but he isn't there.

And after I get fed up with looking for him, I leave the apartment to look around and the men in black show up, and I can't seem to get 'em.

any thoughts?
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Not sure where Paul went - he should be there.

But my advice is to save the game, and then let yourself get killed by the MIB. The reason why is
    Spoiler:
    because in this section, you are meant to end up dead. You will wake up captured by the MIB, rather than dead. You can't get through that whole section and escape alive, eventually you will die. Specifically, you will die after getting the subway and going up the stairs - they have heavy enemy presence around the subway exit. ^_^

If you fight, however, your brother Paul will in all likelyhood go on a rampage and die - meaning you will complete the game with your brother dead. Not good.

Of course, if you want to win this battle, place a few stun grenades on walls outside the apartment entrance, one or two in the hallway and get ready with your GEP gun or grenades. Heavy weaponry helps here. Then, while the enemies are having difficulty breathing, blow them up!

Regarding Lebedev:
    Spoiler:
    It is better to kill the UNATCO agent rather than him. You get 100 experience for that IIRC. A gas grenade here helps, as does a sniper shot to her head.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Definitely sounds like you need a reload to cure Pauls' absenteeism.

MIBs are much tougher than the ordinary goons but not invincible. If you don't seem to have the firepower to take them down, maybe you are supposed to think of a different way around the problem?
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

thanks for the help. I hope this isn't some odd glitch in my software for paul to be absent.

I have reloaded the save game alot and he is never there.

I would hate to have to start the game over.

I'll keep trying things out.
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

and, skanky buns, when the MIB kill me, the game ends and i have to reload. hmmmm....

Comment

I think you need to talk to Paul before your capture. I really hope you haven't got just one save game point....
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
              I really hope you haven't got just one save game point....
              Yeah, that's never a good idea in any game.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Weird. Paul should be in the apartment, sitting on a chair next to the bathroom door.

There is an easy way to kill the MIBs. Before you talk to Paul, attach some grenades (LAMs or Gas grenades will work) in the corridor leading to the room door. But don't go to the door, or else the MIBs will come. Then talk to Paul. This will lead to the MIBs invading the room, and the grenades should weaken them enough for you to finish them off easily, in case you don't have enough firepower.

Paul will also fight the MIBs, and when it's all over, he will try to get out of the hotel, but when I played that part he was killed by the UNATCO personnel downstairs.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

A different way is to hide in the secret computer room and let Paul take out the MiBs. Then run out the door and get killed before Paul does. Good, if you're taking the don't kill anyone approach.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

*possible spoiler alert*

In this one I saved just before and actually maanged to kill the MIB's with Paul staying alive, and than he said that we will meet again, and rhe's run away - heh I went out killed everyone I could without the ability to get further - well after some time uselessly trying to get further, I reloaded and went with the story
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Try a save from further back. It seems you will have to play at least some of the game over. If you have no previous save, then it might be a restartable offence.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

thanks guys,

alex: about the grenade thing on the walls, i tried it with gas grenades because that is all i have, lams would be nice, but even stunned, I just don't seem to have the firepower to kill 'em. All I have with ammo left is the sawed off and pistol.

skank: I tried a save from a little further back, but it didn't help. I may try to go back further.

This is the weirdest thing...I expected Paul to be in the same chair, but he is nowhere to be found.

One other thing I should mention is that after I talked to paul the first time and left for the captured NSF base, I realized that I should go back and search the secret computer room for goodies.

So, I went back and Paul wasn't there either. This was right after I left the apartment, I literally turned right around.

I thought it was nothing at the time.

I wonder if I am just experiencing some really odd bug that I somehow set into motion..

DAMN!!

Comment

although, I must say that if i can manage to kill the MIB, I am hoping that the game will proceed without paul anyway...

Comment

Try to get a sniper rifle at least, they pack quite a punch when shot into an enemies head.

Comment

I ain't givin' up yet....

Comment

Working...
                              X