• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifa 2004

New FIFA game with awesome screenshots.
    maybe they're from the video, but anyway it looks pretty cool

>>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

They sure look cool, and I think they're from actual gameplay...

The problem is: they'd have to bring something really new to the game in order to justify another purchase. As far as I know, there a new career mode (you start with a team in some third-rate league and have to battle your way up, buying and selling players and all that...), but this doesn't seem attractive enough to me.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Well is hard to find a new attractive feature to a game that have more than 10 sequels. Anyway I was hoping to find graphics like the Fifa World Cup 2002 and a gameplay like the Fifa Road to the World Cup 98, but that would be difficult to find in a "non world cup" game.

Here's another screenshot

Comment

It's been the FIFA problem the last few editions: it looks good, but other than that, it doesn't add anything.
        I quit playing FIFA 2003 after two or three days or so...

I'd like if there was an option to customize the starting formation.

Comment

we'll more of the same...
          the only funny things about soccer computer game is to play against your not so skilled friends
          Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Are these pc or console pics?
            They don't that much better then the FIFA 2003 ones.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

PC pics.
              Actually the FIFA World Cup 2002 had the best graphics of all the FIFA's games.

Comment

Is this strategy or action?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

arcade.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Comment

Actually is a mix of both

Comment

Neither, it just looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm

*scratches head*

*looks around*

*shrugs*
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Within the genre of football simulations, FIFA is definitely an action game (as opposed to Championship Manager, which would be strategy). Though the new career mode in FIFA2004 might add a strategy component to it, but only time will tell how that will work out...

I've always wanted a career mode for FIFA, so this one might be interesting. But if that's the only thing that's new, I doubt I'll buy it...

Does anyone know if the Dutch (national teamd and/or competition) will be included in this version? It s*cked bigtime that they were absent in the previous 2 or 3 versions
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yea, it is strange to see the Dutch national team all composed of "Number 9", "Number 13"... But there are lots of mods made by fans that correct this...

Anyway, I was laughing at UR's question because nothing could be far from strategy than the FIFA series (they even removed the IGM -- In Game Management -- in those latest versions) and as for the action... well... it is a frantic game, for sure, but it plays on such an accelerated pace that it barely resembles the real thing. EA has been trying to correct this, though, and FIFA 2003 had a more natural feeling in the way you could control the passes and how the ball seemed to be less attached to the players's feet.

If there is anything that have to be improved in FIFA 2004 it is the way how the game flows... it needs more cadence, a more deliberate and thoughtful way of conducting the movements. But maybe this is just my POV, and being a Brazilian, well, that says it all...

Comment

Working...
                              X