System Shock 2 is now abandonware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkCloud
    abandonwear isn't legal. You can't post abandonwear links on this site.

I predict a quick closure.

Quick closure of a thread that has been open 9 days!!!

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Postia ante deletia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

(Then again, he may have cheated and reported this thread)
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

No, but I'm assuming that DarkCloud has done us the honor.

Comment

I predicted that a week ago at least. I was wrong.... which was an event in itself

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

In case you hadn't noticed, Ming edited the first post. (And no, AFAIK DC had nothing to do with that)

But the way this is heading, closure may yet be inevitable...
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

For the record, I meant DC and not Loin.

To get things back on track:
                The last time I played SS2, I used the wrench almost exclusively until I came up against enemies with guns. Even then, I sometimes used it to save some ammo. My gun for the first bit of the game was only used to kill cameras. Once ammo became more readily available, I then started using guns more often, switching between the pistol and the shotgun.

Once I got a recycling device, I started using that on any item I didn't need. If I had 2 implants of the same time, I would recycle one. If I found some magazines or cups lying around, same. By the end of the game, I bought over 1000 anti-personel ammo from a hacked vending machine and wasn't able to use it all.

BTW, does anyone use the elevator as a storage area? Once I have access to it, I drop everything I'm not using in the current mission on the ground so I can carry more other stuff. I also collect all the chemicals in every storeroom and dump them in the elevator too. You can stack chemicals of the same type together to save room, but they still take up a fair bit of the elevator space.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I use the elevator primarily to store weapons that I'm planning on using but can't use yet, particularly the assault rifle -- I picked up and modified the one on the Hydroponics level, but wasn't actually able to use it until the Operations level, so I just kept it in the elevator in the meantime.

Comment

Running back to the medical lab from whatever floor you are on and healing yourself is another neat move.

Comment

That's also helpful for getting cybernetic upgrades, since the original upgrade center is in the same area, and it's fairly rare to find a complete upgrade center later on.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                        abandonwear isn't legal.
                        Not necessarily. Abandonware merely is the state of the games, not the legality. Some authors actually gave permissions for the games to be freely distributed.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

How much of the story is told in the movies? Is someone that is playing without the movies missing much?
                          " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
                          February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blisterz
                            How much of the story is told in the movies? Is someone that is playing without the movies missing much?
                            Well it wont be as good, and you'll have to miss some of the fine story.

Comment

I just restart this game after abandoning my first effort when it refused to work under w2k (But copes with XP it seems).

Still a great game.

Comment

How much movies are there actually?
                                I don't seem to be missing much, I just listen to the audio devices, and so forth.. also there was this one weird frikking movie on deck 1 I believe, all of a sudden you are floating through some organic mass, with a strange voice telling you all kinds of weird things lol

I don't know if that counts as a movie though... are the movies made with the in-game engine?

Too bad they didn't include the movies.. if it's abandonware anyway, besides the download doesn't get near the 700 MB for a cd so I reckon the movies could be added anyway!
                                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                                X