• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom3 screeshot

Right here

Looks quite stunning indeed
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Sweet, sweet chocolate! Has 3d pinned down a release date yet?

Comment

The light and shadow effects represent about half the render time, apparently.

There's quite some debate about whether they should be an option to turn those effects off. It would obviously improve performance for weaker systems, but the shadows are crucial for some of the set pieces. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

In other news, Half Life 2 is gonna kick ass.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Looking at the screenshot, my 'weaker' 450 won't be able to play this one regardless of what you turn off. One more reason to upgrade.

Comment

what does that pic show what we didn't know already?
          I remember a few pictures quite like that one with the same monster!
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
            Looking at the screenshot, my 'weaker' 450 won't be able to play this one regardless of what you turn off. One more reason to upgrade.
            Your graphics card is more important for these games. I actually got the screenshot off a review of nVidia's new GeForce FX5900 Ultra
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I have an Nvidia 128 MB card. I'm sure my dad will get it; I'll just have to borrow it from him and see how it looks before I buy it.

Comment

The leaked alpha build wouldn't even run on it. Neither will the final build. I expect it to *run* on 800 MHz, but don't even think about fluent game with AT LEAST 1.3 GHz and 32 MB video, better to have 1.5 GHz or more, and 64MB video.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Didn't I see a short video about this, about a year ago?
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

FWIW, this is the hardware configuration they used to test the graphics cards.

Comment

Screenshots of it have been out a while, but they still don't do the game justice.

Download the latest trailers from the Xbox pressconference and the id E3 presentation, it looks even better in motion.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

for once i am glad that a game has a while to go before release...

It will give people time to save up for new hardware that this game looks like is really needs.
                        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Will it play good and fast and hard on a new Athlon 2 gig and a GForce 64meg? Yes or no?

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yes, I suppose it would.

I got my upgrade the other day. I am very content with my Radeon 9500, although it's a bit of a pity that patching it to a 9700 gave me some instability problems.

Comment

That's what I wanted to know, thanks
                              /me adds Doom3 to his wanted list

-Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                              X