Crown of the North - a game for EU2 fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown of the North - a game for EU2 fans

Link to Gamespot news item: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...s_6026050.html
    I've quoted all the text below, but there are 5 screenshots on that site.

Paradox's latest game based on the acclaimed Europa Universalis strategy series will be published by GMX Media in the UK and Ireland. Crown of the North is set in the Nordic countries and takes place between 1275 and 1340, a time when central power was weak, the nobility and the church were strong, and Sweden erupted in civil war.

The game will have three playable kingdoms and six factions, a much smaller number than in previous EU games, but the region will be represented in more-focused detail. Not only will the nobility and church be a major political factor, but the trading republics of Novogorod and the Hanseatic League will also represent a different sort of threat.

No release date or US publisher has been announced.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Just so you know it; Crown of the North is a translation of Svea Rike III, a swedish game made before EU1 IIRC. The package will, however, come with EU2 inside.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I've read on the Paradox forums that Svea Rike III isn't up to EUII standard though: not particularily bad, but not really that good either. Still, I'll probably check it out.
      DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

So this is just a translation, not a remake? disappointing. I like these Paradox games, but not sure want or have time to try an old one.

Comment

Is Svea Rike III based on the boardgame of that name?
          Be the bid!

Comment

Working...
          X