Improving Railroad Tycoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving Railroad Tycoon

Now come to think of it, the original Roadroad Tycoon is like Alpha Centauri: both are very hard to improve upon. There was only one major gripe I had against RRT, and I forgot what it was

So, besides the graphics and sound, how would you make enough of an improvement to the game for a sequel?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

The rate wars, as someone pointed out elsewhere, really were silly.
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

But that happened IRL though, IIRC.
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Re: Improving Railroad Tycoon

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Roadroad Tycoon
        Roadroad Tycoon? What type of game is that?

Anyway, the most important things they should do in the sequel is:

- Make it possible to build tunnels
        - Make new trains last longer than 10 seconds, before they break down...
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Not make it in 3D oops
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

...and make it possible to play "free games"... I hate playing scenarios... lots of games has been "killed" for the lack of this...

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
              Not make it in 3D oops
              Agree...

Comment

ADG,

I was talking about the original. You could buid tunnels, and you could play the open-ended games. Maybe you could find it on an abandonware site.

Comment

Ahhh... didn't see it was the original you was talking about

Comment

Still, I recommend you to give it a try if you could find it.

Comment

I have played it before, though not that much... maybe I'll give it a try later (pretty busy these weeks)

Comment

The graphics are outdated, but the play is there. If they'd just update the graphics some (no need for this 3D stuff...), polish out the bugs, and add more regions to build trains, it's going to sell pretty well.

Comment

this might be a bit off topic but one thing that really annoyed me in rrt2 was how big tracks/buildings are and how much a pain it could be to lay track and build stations. ugh. i know they are going for the model train set look but i think it would be much better if they abstracted certain parts of the game away from the graphics. i get really annoyed when i have to bulldoze parts of a city just so i can catch everything with my station(new orleans, and new york are usually quite bad).
                          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

That's true. If a building represents a block, those tracks would be insanely large. On the other hand, if those tracks are in scale, NYC would be a bit small.

Comment

Working...
                            X