What was that game?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was that game?...

I have been thinking lately about some of the arcade games that I have played in the past, but just can't remember the names...

That's what this thread is for. Anyone who can remember a great arcade game, but just can't remmeber the name!

2 of mine that I remember so far are:

1. A game where you drove around in a vehicle that looked like a pickup truck but had missiles on the back. It was a shooter, but based around controlling a truck with missiles. That's all I can remmeber.

2. The other game is one where you had a futuristic tank like vehicle that had artillery as a special weapon and when you used it, the tank lifted up on it's back wheels and let off a round that had a big blast.

The controller was a star wars video game like "wheel".

hmmm.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Re: What was that game?...

Originally posted by vee4473
    1. A game where you drove around in a vehicle that looked like a pickup truck but had missiles on the back. It was a shooter, but based around controlling a truck with missiles. That's all I can remmeber.
    Spy Hunter?

2. The other game is one where you had a futuristic tank like vehicle that had artillery as a special weapon and when you used it, the tank lifted up on it's back wheels and let off a round that had a big blast.

The controller was a star wars video game like "wheel".

hmmm.
    No clue on that one.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Re: Re: What was that game?...

Originally posted by FlameFlash
      Spy Hunter?
      Spy hunter? Wasn't that the game, where you drove around in a James Bond alike car?
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Re: What was that game?...

Originally posted by vee4473
        Was it a side-scroller, or did you drive upwards? Or how was it played?
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Spy Hunter was awesome. I remember that for Nintendo.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

it was a top to bottom scroller, no not spy hunter.

I think the name was something along the lines of "top gunner" or something...no not the tom cruise movie.
            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

im trying to remember more details

Comment

yes! i just did a search on yahoo for "top gunner" and it was a konami game from 1986.

the name just hit me out of the blue..

Comment

Have any more clues on your #2 game?
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

not yet, but i'm trying to remember.

It's funny how something that has slipped your mind for so long can just pop right in there...

Comment

Working...
                    X