SimCity4--bottom line, yea or nea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimCity4--bottom line, yea or nea?

SC4 is on sale at Circuit City this week, $30. I have played and enjoyed SimCity since its birth many moons ago; should I get the new game to play on my new hot-**** computer?

or ?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Though I should point out I am not known for my love of Sim games.

Comment

SC4 is good, but not as good as the predecessors. But if you like the SC series, I think you should try it.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Especially if you enjoyed the previous SimCities and you have a hot-**** computer. Definitely try it.
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

I thought it was ****-hot?

Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Okay so that's 2 yeas, 2 nays, and one maybe. This is quite possibly the most inconclusive response ever.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Compare it to something, perhaps where else could that $30 be spent. For example, id rather buy SC4 than piss it up the wall, but id rather piss it up the wall than buy an RPG. Or compare it to another game youre interested in.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Now you have a response.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

This is the best SimCity game ever made... though it requires a hell of a computer...

The upgrade from SC3k to SC4 is about the same, as the upgrade from SimCity Classic to SC3k... If you liked previously SC games, you'll love this one... Unless you're really bad at it... it's more diffecult to play (Which I guess is among the reasons why people say NO to this game)
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I always had trouble doing well at SimCity. The only way I could survive was by setting taxes to a little bit above profitable, turning off disasters, and letting it run overnight.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Well... I used to have the same problem, but since I didn't want to give up on SC, I quickly learned to survive (ok... only with a little profit... but still survies )

Comment

Important note: Do NOT play the game the same way, as in other SC games, since (as I said) it's much more diffecult... You have to find some other strategy...

Comment

... but only just.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Especially if it's on sale and you have a really good computer.

It's a great game, but it does require different strategy than the older SimCity games.

Comment

Working...
                              X