Stupid person acts stupidly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid person acts stupidly

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I know they told her too but its a lion for gods sake
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Why didn't she put her head in the mouth?

Comment

I was just thinking about that other animal handler that last year had her arm shredded by a lion, I believe at a zoo.

Never trust a lion.

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba

Never trust a lion.
        which is so obvious you wouldn't have thought people would need to be reminded
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

look at the other news there involving lions on the right of the page. they are even more um, entertaining/silly/scary

Comment

Well, she's lost an arm, but I see a big fat lawsuit and a million-dollar compensation claim in her future.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I would think the Spanish legal system is more resistant to idiots than ours

Comment

I feel bad for her. While it wasn't the brightest thing to do, the people at the zoo are responsible. If they told her it was perfectly ok to stick her arm in there, she probably assumed it was extremely well-trained. Now she's lost her arm.

Where's Johnny Cochran? This outrageous!
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I agree with Boris on this one. It was part of a tourist show, and as such it is probably required from the public to put the hand in the Lion's mouth every time it performs.
                  She was invited by perfectly serious people, who didn't imagine there would be an accident.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Definately a lawsuit here.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Stupid is as stupid does.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The Guardian is reporting that there wasn't a show and that she must have stuck her hand in the cage herself, to pet the lion...admittedly this is from the manager of the zoo.

A British woman who had her arm ripped off by a lioness she tried to stroke at a Spanish animal sanctuary was yesterday recovering at a hospital in the town of Villajoyosa, near Alicante.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Stupid is as stupid does.
                          Is that what your mother always said, Slow?
                          Attached Files

Comment

From the title, I thought it was going to be something about President Bush.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The Cave Troll returns.

Try not to slip on the vomit in here Ecthelion - things have been messy today.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                              X