They ought to rank regions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They ought to rank regions

They ought to rank all the regions against each other on each survey. Then we could compare Apolyton to the rest of the world

Anyone know how we could suggest this to the game owner?
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

a UN resolution maybe

Comment

The Dictatorship of Sheepmaina, UN Delgate for the Redscape region would support this.
      Don't tell a twisted person he is twisted, he may take offence. (THAT MEANS ME!)
      Founder of the Mafia Poly Series (THATS RIGHT I STARTED IT)
      Nesing, come and see what its about in the Stories and Diplomacy threads.

Comment

which is just about guarenteed to kill it

Comment

Is our delegate (from Greater Finland) around to propose this?

Comment

*bump*

Now that I finally found that stupid list of all the resolutions passed by the U.N. (so I know what impacts my poor little country will face for joining the organization), I've decided to..... join the U.N. -gulp!-

None of the bills other than the compulsory education one should be a problem. That compulsory education resolution, though... well, I had wanted to improve education anyhow, I suppose we can raise the tax a little to do that...

Comment

AFAIK, you don't have to follow UN Resolutions passed before you joined, as you had no input on them.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                AFAIK, you don't have to follow UN Resolutions passed before you joined, as you had no input on them.
                cool.

Do you have to follow ones passed after you join?

I mean, EVERYONE cheats and ignores U.N. resolutions in RL, why not in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

cool.

Do you have to follow ones passed after you join?

I mean, EVERYONE cheats and ignores U.N. resolutions in RL, why not in the game?
                  I saw my answer in the FAQ. Actually, from the way the FAQ is worded, it seems to indicate that I WOULD have to follow previously passed resolutions. Do I get the option of adopting them (because the free trade ones would be nice)?

Comment

There was some discussion in the NS forum a while ago on repealing the 'Fight the Axis of Evil' resolution, which was passed when there wer eonly three members, and the response was that it would be pointless, as those who joined after it took effect would not be affected.

Comment

ah, got it.

Well, that means the only resolutions I get affected by are the stupid new ones?

Comment

What's wrong with banning slavery?

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                          What's wrong with banning slavery?
                          I don't have much of a problem with the banning slavery resolution (even with all of the stupid riders)

The problem is all of the "interesting" resolutions that seem to actually have some level of support (I don't worry about the zillions with only 2-4 delegates supporting them).

anything that would require a tax to be collected or some other nuisance ideally shouldn't even reach the table

Comment

Working...
                          X