Regional Happenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes often in melbourne for business .

i hope to see my favourite team make a finals appearance for only the 2nd time in their history.
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Hang on some thing aint right here.....

Let me see.....your a Freo fan living in Brisy

Comment

there is a lot not right here
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Good to see some got the Hint to which team i follow ...

Yes i was not born here in Brisbane, only been here for 7 of my 39 and a half years.

So my allegiance lies with the team that has the same name as the place i spent my misbegotten youth. The town where i was to be seen wallowing in many a gutter after a late night on the town when i was not even old enough to drive.

The town that aged gracefully with me and became the home to the Latte strip and some of the best boutique brewerys in the world.

The town that was home to the Team that as a young boy i ached to play for , but when invited to train there , found the training was the true ache and went back to drinking and stuff i cant mention here.

The town of Old Fremantle, the town of my youthful haunts, the town that enetually after many years finally got admitted to the AFL , but couldnt get a Hierarchy to put in palce a Draft success, we gave away our good palyers and traded them for has beens.

But still they are my boys...

Despite having a Coach that spits the dumym when an umpire doesnt here the siren....

Comment

Ouch...tough week at the office for your boys there.

I remember Freo having the best Kabab Cafe in the land.
            put on 2kg in the one month stay there.

mmmm Lamb and BBQ sauce

Comment

yeah some great turskish kebabs around the old tow nstill.

I like to drop by whenever i go home to WA to visit family..

anyway back on topic...

What athe latest from Nationstates for our region i here we have lost more nations

Comment

Freo is a nice place, shame the team is owned by the WAFL.
                Long Live The Horde
                Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
                Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

biggest shame is that one organisation can own two AFL teams..

Comment

yes indeed.

That is what you call a massive conflict of intrest.

I have heard stroies that if one of the clubs are low on membership they close membership to the other club.

Last time I checked that was not how you make a fan base

Comment

I too heard that, when in WA last year I went to game with WEagle fans, and two of their children were Freo fans, sadly as they could not join WEagles due to the above crap some years before.
                      Long Live The Horde

Comment

That's gotta suck. We're down 8k on last year. If someone told me I couldn't join I'd be approching the AFL
                        Attitude reflects Leadership!!!

Comment

They were good sports about it.
                          Long Live The Horde

Comment

The AFL couldn't care less about the average fan. WAFL is filling there coffers so their happy there......Their only other concern is changing the game so it looks better on TV..

In Victoria the only ones that look after the fan's are the clubs. Membership is the only way to get to the games without having to morgage the house again....single reserve seats from the AFL at the MCG is around the $50 mark this year. that adds up after 16 games in Melb for the season.

Comment

I have never heard the limitation of numbers put on any one joining either club in perth. think that may be jsut rumours.

with our win on weekend hopefuly we get some more respect.

Comment

They just knocked off the #1 team and only one win away from the top 3......... I should at least hope the others teams show respect or they could be in trouble.

Good win

Comment

Working...
                                X