• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAN - Action #1 - Revisited Rules

Action #1 - Revisiting Rules
    Attached Files
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Conference of Apolyton Nations
    Action #1 - Revisited Rules

Yes, I am still fully attempting to bring the life back to poly's RP here... if I am completely without hope just inform me However, after reading up on some threads and getting a general idea of the landscape as it were, I have come to realize that this is the first order of business for the newly formed (hopefully ) CAN.

The first action is to get the rules smoothed out and talked over again. I know there was some disputes but I think this time we can start with a fresh template.

But first, lets take a look at the rules I think may be reasonably laid out:

Already adopted fully
    1. No god-modding etc.
    2. RL based Tech.
    3. Max 3 territories per player.
    4. No expansion until 500M.
    5. Secondary spots can be 'bumped' by primary nations.
    6. Nations may have nuclear devices but cannot use them unless both nations have agreed on terms of use. Misuse of WMD will result in removal from region.

OK. Now the fun stuff
    1. Further expansion (beyond limit) should be RP only.
    2. No official map change to expanding armies.
    3. Expansion into other player-controlled nations should be temporary (may be decided at peace talks) unless specified different by both nations.
    4. vacation mode (only if turned on by player) will be understood in game as extreme isolationism and will be respected.

The second order of business is the ever looming problem of the military calculator. I am currently working on one and am testing it to make sure it works well enough I will post that soon as well. (once I have a clean working model that seems as fair as possible)

Further structure of the game process will come from the MilCal. Please give me your input, and tell me if this is a lost cause, because I would like to believe it isnt but I will respect your judgements and inputs. I still think that with some participation and getting involved we can rebuild a thriving RP community here.
    Last edited by ElConejo; November 19, 2005, 02:05.
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

I for one would love to come back to this forum (I mean full time, not once a week to flamebait the Civ4 forum and then disappear again), and I hope someone else does as well.

As for the rules, I would still like a qualification to "Already Agreed Rule 6" - I think (limited) use of nuclear weapons should be permitted if both parties involved agree to the circumstances and the scope.

In national statistics such as population, how much adherence to the NationStates site's "character sheets" is expected? Suppose I dislike the conceptual idea of Karakas (my primary nation) having a population higher than Earth's. Is it permissible to roleplay as a nation of 190 million and have my (on-site roleplay) economic and military statistics calculated from that number?
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Another revival of the roleplay here would be great.

I have no problem with roleplaying things "down" as long as the Nationstates info is used as an upper limit.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President

In national statistics such as population, how much adherence to the NationStates site's "character sheets" is expected? Suppose I dislike the conceptual idea of Karakas (my primary nation) having a population higher than Earth's. Is it permissible to roleplay as a nation of 190 million and have my (on-site roleplay) economic and military statistics calculated from that number?
          This is the beauty of it: since we are starting fresh we can make such distinctions. If that is truely something that bothers many people, than we can totally bring it out. The MilCal I am working on is based upon both the economy and the population taken together to ensure some balance, I can lower the ceiling for the population so that after a limit (say what 500 million?) it would not nessassarily effect RPing as much anymore. As long as it doesnt effect it, you can RP whatever number you'd like and put it into my calculator.

I am infinitly glad to hear that I am not the only one who wants to revive this here. I say that it can be done. I say that once we have the painful groundwork done (like this and the MilCal) then we will slowly build up in strength to what I hope will be a thriving community.
          Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
            Another revival of the roleplay here would be great.

I have no problem with roleplaying things "down" as long as the Nationstates info is used as an upper limit.
            I will try to post my MilCal in the very near future (I can do some testing for this "playing down" today after my classes and work.. maybe I can get it up within the next day or so )

However, are there any really explosive objections to the 'revisited rules' up there?
            Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Aside from the point on nukes raised by Mr. President, none from me.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                Aside from the point on nukes raised by Mr. President, none from me.
                Gotcha, changed in original post.
                Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

I feel like an idiot quoting myself but I just thought of something...

Originally posted by ElConejo
                  I can lower the ceiling for the population so that after a limit (say what 500 million?) it would not nessassarily effect RPing as much anymore.
                  If we were to make the ceiling be 500mil, we would have to lower the ceiling for when your able to expand to another territory correct? Such as 200 mil or 300 mil would be the time when you are able to expand to another territory sound good? Thanks for the help and I hope to finish up the MilCal soon so I can get to Action #2 which is voting on that... currently I am doing some tests to ensure everything goes right...
                  Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Hmm... maybe instead of a hard ceiling we should come up with a formula to limit growth.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I will post my MilCal then and we can see how a population ceiling may factor into it. I can make adjustments or edits to it as the CAN feels best.
                      Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                        Hmm... maybe instead of a hard ceiling we should come up with a formula to limit growth.
                        Perhaps we could take the nations population (in millions) to a fractional power, like 2/3 or 3/4? It would level the playing field significantly without completely eliminating growth.

Comment

the death of role palying is lack of interest,
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                          X