No announcement yet.

Marijuania2 declares war on the Holy Empire of Heressonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heressonian representative points out several decisions that have to be made.
    One of these is the goal of the operation. There are two possibilities here. One is to just hold back Marijuanian attack and restore peace. It certainly is easier, but is it right? Marijuania has shown it's capable of causing political turmoil. If we let the current regime stay in the way that it is, it's only a matter of time until it'll strike again. Also, is it right to let the Marijuanians and Auspectonians suffer under this tyranny?
    We should force democratic changes in Marijuania, and make it grant autonomy for Auspectonia, even if it means we have to invade the island of Marijuania itself!
    The nation of Heressonia deeply believes that Marijuanian fleet will retreat in a while. We should chase it and neutralise it, and in order to threaten Marijuania itself, we should establish navy and air bases that will allow the Allies a direct access to Marijuania. Heressonia proposes the barren island of True Colony and the dominium of 68 for the case.
    Misters, what is your opinion?
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

The exarch of the DoA transmitted the following encoded message to participants of the proceedings:

Greetings fellow ministers & heads of state.

In this moment of uncertainty, I urge all of you to respect the sovereignty of every nation, including both Herresonia and Marijuania. We must be exceedingly cautious when venturing retribution for percieved offences or imposing our views on others.

This conflict can certainly be resolved diplomatically, but this should not mean a military alliance against one state: Marijuania had good reason to respond to Heressonia's abominable use of frogs, and may have made the wrong choice in responding, but should be gently and lovingly corrected. Heressonia should be censured for inflicting this plague of frogs on the region, and Marijuania should be requested to withdraw.

As a long term solution, frog preserves should be established and the frog population in the wild controlled to prevent ecological catastrophe. This is the sort of thing that we can co-operate on: the Dominion of Aeturneus offers its experience in ecological reconstruction in return for a loosening of trade restrictions on foreign wood chip imports, and encourages all to work together towards this peaceful solution.
      "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

Heressonia frowns at DoA's message.
        "Frogs are harmless creatures.
        They never did Marijuania any wrong".
        Can't You see it just wants world domination?
        Now it's Heressonia and its frogs.
        You may be next in line!
        Last edited by Heresson; March 7, 2005, 16:18.
        Middle East!

Comment

Jonchastan believes Marijuania's claims of a froggy plague to be overstated. They are merely using it as a pretext for their imperialist aggression.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Exactly!
            Middle East!

Comment

The Karakan government's assessment is that frogs are fragile creatures that are not capable of causing a plague on the proportions that Marijuania has accused. In fact, since they are sensitive to airborne chemicals and pollutants, large frog populations can be linked to improving environmental health in Apolyton. We believe that the current conflict is an attempt to coerce Heressonia into capitulation by exploiting their cultural links with the frog. Our government will continue to assist Heressonia to resist the assault by every means available to us.
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

The Dominion of Noosland announces that it is willing to create and maintain a sanctuary for refugees in Heressonia if permission is given by the host country.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It is granted, thank You
                  Middle East!

Comment

The war ends due to lack of interest
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

As Marijuanian forces seem to disappear, Heressonia prepares to invade Marijuanian Isle in "Freedom for Auspectonia" action
                      Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                      X