• Show
Clear All

UNITED NATIONS RESOLUTION #145

Repeal "Abortion Rights"
    A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution

Category: Repeal
    Resolution: #61
    Proposed by: Dorksonia

Description: UN Resolution #61: Abortion Rights (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: RECOGNIZES that abortion is an issue where good people on each side of this issue disagree.

PRAISES the concern for women in crisis and with needs.

POINTS OUT Resolution #61 provides no details or reasons for it's argument.

EMPHASIZES Resolution #61 does not limit abortion to "Women's health" during later trimesters, but allows a woman to have an abortion for any reason whatsoever (age, gender of the baby, etc.), for no reason whatsoever, without parental consent, without spousal consent, and at any any point up to and including the ninth month of pregnancy.

ACKNOWLEDGES this repeal will not prohibit any abortions, but permit it to be a daily issue in which a nation may decide this issue for themselves.

NOTES people are passionate on both sides of this issue and repealing this issue will indeed be "pro-choice" (member nations may choose to permit abortions for any reason, limit it as they deem necessary, or prohibit).

CONSIDERS the further medical technology of prenatal surgery deeming the unborn child as a "patient" and questions if abortion does not protect the rights of these individuals based on their location.

QUESTIONS if women are able to make informed choices without further research into the pychological and emotional side effects of such a common surgical procedure.

REPEALS resolution #61 "Abortion Rights"

Votes For: 7,630
    Votes Against: 6,519

Implemented: Tue Feb 14 2006
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Why does this need to be here?
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

good question

I thought it was a good place to put some of the more interesting ones
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

its here cuase this is the UN thread ??:??
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

The point of the thread was for a place to add new resolutions to aid our regional debate on them, not to spam-bomb the thread with every resolution ever passed.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

i think it good idea to post any that may be interesting, not everyone spends the t time to read the Naitonstates UN stuff.

here at poly we al ltend t oread.

Comment

Every Resolution, need a few threads for that. I liked the idea of good ones being posted here to read through all the UN.
                Long Live The Horde
                Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
                Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

me too, i am sure poly cna spare some bandwidth for good discussions

Comment

Maybe the mods get a bonus cheque for all the bandwidth they can save.
                    Long Live The Horde
                    Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
                    Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

most likely. that and harrasing those most loved posters.

Comment

Rasputopia have offficaly aplied to be a member of the UN. Upon acception we will be voting for as many UN proposals that favour our nation as we can, we strongly urge all members to join the UN to show our united common goal

Comment

nice
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

thanks blondie...

umm i mean paddy

Comment

well no more of them - struth I was accussed of spam-bombing the thread... as if
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

awww i was looking forward to heairng more of blondie stretching his muscles..

need some action in this REGION....

Comment

Working...
                                X