This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Humanitas!

We are glad to see a new effort for an indepedent civ game and will be here to support it's development at all steps

The easiest hing we could do was this forum

Enjoy!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Nice, now we just hope we get more information about the game so we have something to talk about
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Indeed

Hope the game will turn out as great as the initial screenies
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

"Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

can we just call it "humanitas: what civ 4 was supposed to be"
            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
              can we just call it "humanitas: what civ 4 was supposed to be"
              Civ IV isn't even out yet.

Comment

i know, but i'm confident they are going to screw it up, just like civ 3

Comment

/me seconds this...
                  The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Comment

Rubbish, cIV will rule. CIV III sucked, but his time Firaxis has the time and a cohesive dev team.
                    Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

Hmmm, it´s the same dev team AFAIK
                      They might have learned from their mistakes but I won´t hold my breath.

Still... the more civgames there are, the better

Comment

Indeed

And this project will not follow the dumb mainstream, so is a double thumbs up!
                        Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

bah, just like the last one, civ 4 is going to be aimed at the dumb mainstream...

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror
                            Hmmm, it´s the same dev team AFAIK
                            They might have learned from their mistakes but I won´t hold my breath.
                            Firaxis lost almost the full team was coding Civ III. They rebuild an emergency team that wrote more a kind of "lifesavers" for Firaxis, to meet a deadline, than the game they intended to do.

It seems now the team is stable, more skilled and with enough time to rebuild the game from scratch and manage to achieve a good result.

Of course I don't wear pink sunglasses, so I'll wait the released game and proper, documented review before judge the result.
                            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

more and more info is being removed ?

is everthing alright
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                              X