Humanitas (A New Civilization Game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrSpike
    What in god's name has happened to the forum style for this thread?
    Um, I'll try again.

Comment

• I agree, it looks awful...
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Have you planned how to do this with only 2 persons on the team?
        The number of people doesn't really matter. Great games have been made by single individuals (ADOM for instance). The problem is staying committed. You sometimes get things going in your way after a year or two that make the project fail, particularly when people starting the job are students, whose lives change thoroughly as they get a job. Time will tell, but numbers aren't so much of a problem. Dedication is what matters.
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Sweet sounding game.

My View on the ages:

Neolithic Age (from start)

Bronze Age

Classical Age

Medieval Age

Renaissance

Age of Enlightenment

Industrial Age

Nuclear Age

Information Age

Comment

• what happen with Humanitas?

Comment

• cIV came in the way, I bet.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• There were many Dark Ages, not just one. The Egyptians had one, maybe two. Mesopotamia had one during the Kassite era. The whole NME had a dark age from 10th-8th cen, so much so that some scholars think that it can only be explained as an artifact of trying to force NME dating to conform to the (possibly flawed) Egyptian King List.

Dark Ages are mostly external. The European Dark Age was mostly a lack of commerce due to viking raids.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                  Dark Ages are mostly external. The European Dark Age was mostly a lack of commerce due to viking raids.
                  and the collapse of the old Roman infrastructure.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• "and the collapse of the old Roman infrastructure. "

Well, I'm fairly sure barbarian invasions had something to do with that, too.
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• But the Vikings came some hundred years after the fall of Rome.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                        "and the collapse of the old Roman infrastructure. "

Well, I'm fairly sure barbarian invasions had something to do with that, too.
                        True, but the barbs were Goths.
                        (Didn't the Vikings get started around the 700's?)
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

• The first Viking attack was in 789 or something IIRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai
                            The first Viking attack was in 789 or something IIRC.
                            That sounds about right. I know it was a generation after the death of the Venerable Bede at Lindisfarne (@723).
                            (Is that a Norwegian flag next to your name? )

Comment

• Yes, the flag I have is the Norwegian one.

Comment

• Meh. Gothic, Nordic... six o' one is half a dozen o' t'other. They merely left earlier than the Vikings.

Comment

Working...
                                X