The Saurian Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Saurian Question

For a good endgame sequence, like in SMAC/x can the dinosaurs achieve a kind of transendence and become as intelligent as humans. Or can they achieve this status halfway through the game and become civilized, modernized. Remember that T-Rex from the Apocalypse scenario in CiC.
    What do you think???

My biggest question is that dinos died out. Belief being a giant meteor. Will I spend hours on this game only to find that my dinos are destroyed by the heavens?
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Maybe if they can achieve transendence early enough they can start research and construction on a giant misile or something which can stop the asteroid. So winning the game will depend on two factors.
      Achieving Transendence 1st.
      Aquiring the right modernizing advances.
      Then building some sort of spaceship to destroy the asteroid.

Or the usual alternative, conquer the whole planet.

Don't forget the period in which dinosaurs lived was about 30 million years. Plenty of time for a civ to do this in the game.

Comment

Again, I could be very wrong, but I think people are getting too far ahead of themselves. Dinosaurs won't be building missiles or anything of the sort. They won't get anywhere near that far advanced. It's a game about dinosaurs. I think people are still thinking far too much with their 'Civ' caps on.

The end-game may indeed be surviving the meteor onslaught, or the changes in temperatures. And it may be a conquer-the-world style victory. But it'll be done in dinosaur terms, not human ones.

- MKL
        "I'm OK. How are you? Thanks for asking, thanks for asking"
        - mkl

Comment

I'd have to agree with MKL, dinosaurs is not going to be about transcending to man. At least I don't think so. But I still wonder if the meteor is going to before the end and in that case, what is the end game objective.

Or will it be more open ended like a Sim type game.
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Ok,
            so the objective could be that in order to survive the meteor you would have to have a very large population. Like ten million. When the meteor hits it's like all your cities get nuked and the map should change too. The continents are constantly moving.
            But endgame objective is pure and simple conquest of earth.

Comment

Yes, I agree with MidKnight: too much CIV tattoed into our brain.

He's a smart Australian Apolytoner (at least when we agree).

------------------
              Adm.Naismith AKA mcostant
              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Heh, heh I've come to respect you too, Admiral. We don't always agree, but if everyone agreed we'd never innovate, would we?

- MKL
                - mkl

Comment

Working...
                X