Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game engine and round worlds

is it based on SMAC?
    Will I be able to travel round the world (not just from East-West)

smac's engine should be sent to trash. Not even Civ3 will use it, even less possible on Dino's.
    "Última flor do Lácio, inculta e bela,
    És a um tempo, esplendor e sepultura."
    Why the heck my posts # doesn't increase in my profile?
    Some great music: Dead Fish; Rivets; Wacky Kids; Holly Tree.

Comment

it had some pretty good aspects, and it would take much less time to develop a game with an already existing code, so I personally don't expect anything major with the Dino's, but it would be nice to see something new in Civ3 (like a round world, Sid)

Comment

Probably a thread better for Civ III, but they both should allow travel across the poles. Maybe with the chance your dino/tribe dies from cold. Just a thought
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

On the interview about Civ III, Sid already told us that CIV III is using a completely new graphic engine.

About Dino, into a previus (#3, I think) Diary Firaxis tell to us about tricks on number of colours that I think aren't compatible with SMAC engine (expanded or not).

------------------
          Adm.Naismith AKA mcostant
          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

and one more thing that I'm not clear about, is the game real-time or turn based?

testing
            [This message has been edited by onepaul (edited May 04, 2000).]

Comment

the diary for dinos has shown pros and cons of both but I think everyone expects it to be a type of real time.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
              X