Dino's "Alpha Centauri"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dino's "Alpha Centauri"

or maybe War between early humans? How will this game supposed to end? Meteor? Will I be building a civ or is this another SimLife/SimEarth kinda thing?

My guess would be "Evolution to a Higher Lifeform", although I'm not sure.

Comment

Just for fun, my guess:

1) Survive to the "Meteor incident" or the most recent theory about it.

2) Kill every mammals and rule the world

3) Save jour DNA into amber for future survival (you don't have tech for space ship, so better hope for a Jurassic Park!)

------------------
      Adm.Naismith AKA mcostant
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Aw... no war and no "dino's like plastic soldiers" either. A game that you control the evolution... More similar to SimCity (sorry I haven't played SimEarth) than Warcraft.

My wild guesses.
        "Última flor do Lácio, inculta e bela,
        És a um tempo, esplendor e sepultura."
        Why the heck my posts # doesn't increase in my profile?
        Some great music: Dead Fish; Rivets; Wacky Kids; Holly Tree.

Comment

Ignore me, I posted in the wrong thread. Oops.
          [This message has been edited by Graag (edited February 17, 2000).]
          I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
          Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

The logical game plan would be a parallel to SMAC, but ending with the beginnings of civ2 since this is the first part of the trilogy. To me this suggests human conflict between tribes - probably nomads with no fixed capital. The dinos would be the parallel to SMAC's native life form (mind worms) - a threat to all, but also something that can be used to advantage. With different abilities among tribes, random events (meteors?)and different ways to use the dinos, this could be a very challenging game. Maybe it will end with an extinction event AFTER the victor has been declared.

Comment

I want it so that you control the evolution of your clade (parallel to civilization) from early lizard to modern dinosaurs (Dougal Dixon - The New Dinosars).

Comment

onepaul:

Ha! I just posted a similar thought on Civ III before bothering to check things out here. (Great minds must think alike, eh?)

Anyways, why not an evolution to humanoids or something? Dinosaurs are cool, but they are really quite poor at higher reasoning, I think. I'll bet they died out because of those darn smart dogs - always sneaking into the nest, eating the eggs, and ****-ing all over the remains.

Comment

Dinos are sooo cool. Why making them look as stupid as humans?

To have some cute chicks perhaps?
                  "Última flor do Lácio, inculta e bela,
                  És a um tempo, esplendor e sepultura."
                  Why the heck my posts # doesn't increase in my profile?
                  Some great music: Dead Fish; Rivets; Wacky Kids; Holly Tree.

Comment

i like the idea of this being a predecessor to civ2 and smac, but maybe it could take on a new aura and the winning clade (???) would supposedly be the one that evolves into mammals and eventually the first humans, making for the civ2 connection, just like the winning civ in civ2 was supposed to be the first civ to land on ac in smac, while the rest of the clades (still - ???) stay back as the crocs or whatever. ;-) edit:sorry about the runon sent.
                    [This message has been edited by sammyboy7 (edited March 20, 2000).]
                    [This message has been edited by sammyboy7 (edited March 20, 2000).]

Comment

I really don't think that the game will be connected to the civs in any way, but we'll see...

PS. Tar Heels all the way!

Comment

onepaul, i know this is off-topic but i just wanted to inform you that duke HAS beaten unc 5 times in a row. no need to gloat, or anything, but i just thought you'd like to know that.
                        ps. bill g sucks

Comment

what have you say about the Tar Heels now, huh?

-------

Comment

what have i got to say? iv'e got to say they're luck *******s

------------------
                            WWAAZZAAAAAAAAAAPP!!!!
                            sam87@quincymail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X